• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Are Round, Royer's Round Top Cafe, 3/19

Reaction score
Good weather, fine pie, nice folks. A great way to start off a weekend. :mrgreen:

Stopped by Rohan Meadery on the way home and made off with a bottle of Honey Wine. You know, just to cleanse the pallet after Royer's pie.

This was my first "organized" pie run and I suspect it won't be my last. :rider:

I didn't stay due to the overwhelming crowd, but I did get to say hello. Collin and IndianScout seemed to not be upset that the planned route degenerated into packed gravel, washboard, then gravel with loose sand. I must say, that Ultra makes for a fine dual sport bike. :clap:

We had a nice ride from South Austin. My first on the FJR and it was quite a treat. Royer's is a great little place with friendly people and good food. It was great to sit with some new people and of course I didn't get any names but it was nice meeting you.

Oh btw, I love my new bike. It was destiny that it came for sale when it did.

:clap::rider:

It was a great day for a ride and meet some new people. Thanks Debbie for being a great tour guide and watch out for those birds.

This was my second pie run, left with the group from the Woodlands. Great ride and lunch. My son told me he was surprised at how much fun it was. Can't beat riding for some father/son bonding.

Billy

This was my second pie run, left with the group from the Woodlands. Great ride and lunch. My son told me he was surprised at how much fun it was. Can't beat riding for some father/son bonding.

Billy

You should have stuck around till the drawing.:doh:

It was a great day. Thanks Chuck for all you do to make these happen!

pie1.jpg

pie2h.jpg

pie3r.jpg

pie4.jpg

pie5.jpg

Last edited:
This was my first pie run for 2011. The ride there and back was a little windy but not too bad and it was great to see friends again. I look forward to the next run that I can make it to. :mrgreen:

OK, I am finally home. Delivered an 82 Honda Nighthawk to LKK in Bob D's pickup. Got to see Jeff H at the end and talk with a couple of Blue Knights.
Brought home a pecan pie since I couldn't even finish my burger. :giveup:

It was pretty crowded with MC people and innocent bystanders who didn't know about the invasion. Several folks found other places nearby. Debbie (Snoopster) called to say she had a good suggestion for 2012 (at least before the world ends).

I counted 73 cards from folks who entered the drawing and I probably missed some, so I think we had a solid 80 that came at one time or another.

I had the Austin DesertGirl (I call her DessertGirl) draw from the hat. The winner of the $30 gift certificate from Cli-Max Riding Gear was Don (Burg650) from Conroe. I'll get you in touch with Terry so that can be setup. I dunno, do we allow scooter riders to win? :lol2: (Craig will kill me for that) ;-)

Mr. Royer graciously offered a pie to add to the drawing but I'm afraid a bunch of folks had left - this was about 12:45. So DG drew again for the pie and we got Billy (hctr154) but couldn't find him. See James' comment above. Then she drew John (MotoTex) and I couldn't find him either but did later. :doh: I apologized but he said he already had some pie and didn't need a whole one to take home. John, I'll buy you a slice at the next PR that we both can make. :eat:

Finally, SD drew Linda (BikeTrash) who happened to be off shooting pictures but her riding partner was right there and claimed it! :zen:

I have some pictures for later...

I brought 2 bungee cords and a TWT banner and Chris and Amana allowed me to display it on their machines although I forgot to get a picture. I forgot all about it and, being a new pickup truck owner, didn't check the truck bed until I got gas in Cameron. I saw the 2 bungee cords then, and figured the banner probably USED to be in there, too... :doh: So, if anyone finds a TWT banner in the area, I could use it back... :oops: I suspect it is on Round Top Road which I took back up to 290.

Ah well, that's the way it goes sometime. As always good to see folks and sometimes I remember who is who. I look at who entered drawing cards and there are a bunch that I haven't matched a face to a screen-name yet. :doh:

OK - three :doh: and I'm out - my poor memory is just too old. :giveup:

OK, I am finally home. Delivered an 82 Honda Nighthawk to LKK in Bob D's pickup. Got to see Jeff H at the end and talk with a couple of Blue Knights.
Brought home a pecan pie since I couldn't even finish my burger. :giveup:

It was pretty crowded with MC people and innocent bystanders who didn't know about the invasion. Several folks found other places nearby. Debbie (Snoopster) called to say she had a good suggestion for 2012 (at least before the world ends).

I counted 73 cards from folks who entered the drawing and I probably missed some, so I think we had a solid 80 that came at one time or another.

I had the Austin DesertGirl (I call her DessertGirl) draw from the hat. The winner of the $30 gift certificate from Cli-Max Riding Gear was Don (Burg650) from Conroe. I'll get you in touch with Terry so that can be setup. I dunno, do we allow scooter riders to win? :lol2: (Craig will kill me for that) ;-)

Mr. Royer graciously offered a pie to add to the drawing but I'm afraid a bunch of folks had left - this was about 12:45. So DG drew again for the pie and we got Billy (hctr154) but couldn't find him. See James' comment above. Then she drew John (MotoTex) and I couldn't find him either but did later. :doh: I apologized but he said he already had some pie and didn't need a whole one to take home. John, I'll buy you a slice at the next PR that we both can make. :eat:

Finally, SD drew Linda (BikeTrash) who happened to be off shooting pictures but her riding partner was right there and claimed it! :zen:

I have some pictures for later...

I brought 2 bungee cords and a TWT banner and Chris and Amana allowed me to display it on their machines although I forgot to get a picture. I forgot all about it and, being a new pickup truck owner, didn't check the truck bed until I got gas in Cameron. I saw the 2 bungee cords then, and figured the banner probably USED to be in there, too... :doh: So, if anyone finds a TWT banner in the area, I could use it back... :oops: I suspect it is on Round Top Road which I took back up to 290.

Ah well, that's the way it goes sometime. As always good to see folks and sometimes I remember who is who. I look at who entered drawing cards and there are a bunch that I haven't matched a face to a screen-name yet. :doh:

OK - three :doh: and I'm out - my poor memory is just too old. :giveup:

Awwe rat! I knew i should have just brought it over to you instead of putting it there. I couldnt find you to tell you about it. Guess we'll buy you a new one.

Awwe rat! I knew i should have just brought it over to you instead of putting it there. I couldnt find you to tell you about it. Guess we'll buy you a new one.

Nah - it was my fault - I should have checked to see if the ramp was secure & would have seen it.

Chuck, thank you once again for all your efforts organizing the Pie Run, etc. As for this picture...I better let Beemer Bob explain. (sorry BB, I couldn't wait).

2011_03_19_009.jpg

Hank (vulcanraven) and I were seriously in need of pie, so we hoofed it down to Round Top from Flower Mound.

We started a little early, so just straight-lined it down 35 & 77 most of the way. Couldn't beat the weather - my first day of the year for mesh!

Royers2011002.jpg

Good good burgers and sandwiches as well as their ginormous selection of pies. We can verify that the Buttermilk Delight and Apple were
scrumptious. Since there was a half hour or so wait, we ate our pie first! We sat with folks from Houston and Conroe but did not catch anyone's names. Too busy eating.

Royers2011008.jpg

On the way back, we went up through Somerville, Mexia, Malone, Maypearl, and Venus. A fairly decent route as it turned out.

Just over 500 miles on the day. Overall, a great ride for great pie!

Thanks Chuck!

RoundTopPieRun.jpg

18 in a row for me! I had the good luck to be chatting with the pie run pro's who were staking out the front door and got us on the list for the first in the door :eat:

chocolate chip

79403e5f.jpg

strawberry rubarb (sp?)

60fda8bc.jpg

Re: Pie Are Round, Royer's Round Top Café, 3/19

Fantastic turn out. Another great Pie run.
We left Austin at about 9:15 am. A straight shot across 290 and a right turn on to Round Top road.
Mar192011Royers042.jpg

Very busy when we arrived about quarter till
Mar192011Royers043.jpg

Folks gather round to get their name on the list
Mar192011Royers046.jpg

By this man...
MrRoyer.jpg

I was impressed on how fast they managed such a large crowd
Mar192011Royers020.jpg

Mar192011Royers022.jpg

Mar192011Royers008.jpg

Mar192011Royers048.jpg

Mar192011Royers050.jpg

Mar192011Royers051.jpg

Thanks again Chuck for pulling us together... again
Mar192011Royers018.jpg

Most of the bikes. Panorama pic so scroll -->
BikesPan.jpg

Remember to:
Mar192011Royers011.jpg

First Pie Run - Check
First long distance ride on the new Wing - Check
Wonderful lunch with some great folks - Check

Headed out of Round Top area on 290 to go meet my sister at a campground in Killeen. Pass a guy off his bike on the side of the road. Flip a u-ie and pull up beside him. Don't know if he was a Pie Runner. Bike had lost power and then the engine had shutdown on him.

He had help on the way, but over an hour away.

Bike air temp showed 82F and the winds were pretty strong out of the south. Not a good combination. Took him in to town to a gas station so he could at least get some shade and some water. Today me, tomorrow you!

So a good ride. Helped a fellow rider. Met some new folks and will have to make the Pie Runs on a more regular basis now!

Thanks for the ride and the fun today!

First Pie Run - Check
First long distance ride on the new Wing - Check
Wonderful lunch with some great folks - Check

Headed out of Round Top area on 290 to go meet my sister at a campground in Killeen. Pass a guy off his bike on the side of the road. Flip a u-ie and pull up beside him. Don't know if he was a Pie Runner. Bike had lost power and then the engine had shutdown on him.

He had help on the way, but over an hour away.

Bike air temp showed 82F and the winds were pretty strong out of the south. Not a good combination. Took him in to town to a gas station so he could at least get some shade and some water. Today me, tomorrow you!

So a good ride. Helped a fellow rider. Met some new folks and will have to make the Pie Runs on a more regular basis now!

Thanks for the ride and the fun today!

ah! thats where he went to! saw the bike but didn't see anyone around it so we kept going.

Second pie run for the Killbuck's I don't think that it will be the last. Great group of people top ride and eat with. The weather couldn't have been better!

Clark, Rick M and I had a blast! What a great day to ride and visit.
CIMG0623.jpg
CIMG0626.jpg
CIMG0619.jpg
CIMG0618.jpg
CIMG0633.jpg
CIMG0625.jpg

Great pie and great people!

Some of us cheated and ate pizza at the place down the street, but I had my pie FIRST!

And thanks to Chuck for hauling down the new addition to the hear, and Bobby (rad3766) for dragging it home for me.

188551_1901108849307_1289278330_2241273_8072671_n.jpg

We had a nice ride from South Austin. My first on the FJR and it was quite a treat. Royer's is a great little place with friendly people and good food. It was great to sit with some new people and of course I didn't get any names but it was nice meeting you.

Oh btw, I love my new bike. It was destiny that it came for sale when it did.

:clap::rider:

You're so funny!! Glad you are enjoying the bike. And yes, I think it was destiny.

CIMG0623.jpg

In the background, you can see the transfer of Lee's new project. It needs a name and he didn't like "Bikey II". One he is thinking about was "Lee King's Electrical Project" which I heard as "Leaking Electrical Project" :lol2:

Gilk51, Thanks for the work you do getting this together. The wife & I are headed back to Round Top to pick up some mirrors SHE bought yesterday. I must have been taking a nap after the pie! Actually I had to push her into the purchase. We will drive 290 from the west down 1291 to Round Top and see if we see your banner. Did you go up 237 to get to 290? Sam
P.S. Mrs. Ham may post pictures later.

Back