• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best Week Ever?

Reaction score
MOTORCYCLES:
IMG1390-M.jpg
IMG1394-M.jpg

JEEPS:
IMG1411-M.jpg
IMG1397-M.jpg

DOGS:
IMG1403-M.jpg
IMG1377-M.jpg

Motorcycles, Jeeps AND Dogs!!!!
IMG1380-M.jpg

PRETTY GIRLS:
IMG2830-M.jpg

RACING:
IMG2800-M.jpg
IMG1412-S.jpg

HIKING (now with snow!):
IMG2819-S.jpg
IMG2832-S.jpg

IMG2838-M.jpg
IMG2841-M.jpg

BEER:
IMG1419-S.jpg

BEAR:
IMG2873-M.jpg
IMG2880-M.jpg

I think the bear pic takes the cake.... wowzer.

The Brittany was nose-to-nose with the bear (through the window) just going, "Hey, 'tsup?"

The Border Collie saw what was happening and went nuts attacking the bear (through the window). She was like, "Oh. My. God. It's a bear, you doofus!!! I must protect my house/sheep!!!"

The bear just shrugged and ambled off. He returned two nights later and climbed in our Jeep. He gnawed a seat, dismantled a couple water bottles and scratched up the passenger door. I think he was making some kind of point...
IMG2874-M.jpg

I think the beer pic takes the cake.... wowzer!
I think the girl takes the cake.... Wowzer!
IMG2798-S.jpg

You know, I think maybe that WAS the best week ever. Congrats.

Wow. Great country, great pix, great adventure. And I love Brittanies. I've had one go toe-to-toe with a black bear, and another mix it up with an elk. Fearless dogs.

Wow. Great country, great pix, great adventure. And I love Brittanies. I've had one go toe-to-toe with a black bear, and another mix it up with an elk. Fearless dogs.

He is our 4th Brittany. I think I will always have one.

Gosh, I didn't know I could be jealous in so many ways. :drool:

Lake City is just a few hunnert feet from heaven in my estimation. Cinnamon and Engineers Pass are slightly above it (heaven).

Gosh, I didn't know I could be jealous in so many ways. :drool:

It's good to be reminded how fortunate I am in so many ways. :sun:

Lake City is just a few hunnert feet from heaven in my estimation. Cinnamon and Engineers Pass are slightly above it (heaven).

My wife has been joining her family there since the early 80's. We took our honeymoon in Lake City and have returned every year for 20 years now. My in-laws retired to a home halfway between Lake San Cristobal and Sherman townsite (directly across from Old Carson Inn) 5 years ago. It is a magnificent place. After climbing Handies Peak for the umpteenth time this year I decided it is - so far - my single favorite place I have visited on this planet.

IMG2839-S.jpg

One of my Brittany's ashes are even mingled with the rocks at the summit...
175471077_m23PK-S.jpg

Yup. Best week ever! :thumb:

Back