• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First time on K-Trail

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
So my Dad and I along with a friend Dave, set off for the K-Trail in Oklahoma all on Wr250r's. Our plan was to start in Clayton, OK and then ride Clayton trail to Ktrail to Forest roads into WolfPen ATV park near Mena, AR and spend the night. Then come back the next day much the same way. Here are some pics.

Me at the Country Inn
CountryInnRich.jpg

My Dad
CountryInnLawson.jpg

Dave coming down the Clayton Trail.
DaveKtrail.jpg

Near Indian HWY.
KtrailRidgeLawson.jpg

The old Fire Tower
LawsonFiretower.jpg

Somewhere along Ktrail
KtrailTrees.jpg

Entrance to the Ktrail at the eastern side.
KtrailWestentrance.jpg

Steep terrain is hard to capture with cellphone camera.
KtrailTerrain.jpg

My Dad proud that he has not fallen in 2 days of riding!
LawsonK-Trail.jpg

Im sure many of you know this place.
KtrailOldhouse.jpg

Till next time, can't wait to do it again. Maybe when its not 105 outside.
Firetowerview.jpg

Looks like y'all had fun. I have been itching to get out and ride, but the heat is just oppressive :giveup:. Do you guys get up to that area much to ride? I am in Mckinney and I also ride a wr250r :thumb:.

Jordan

Looks like y'all had fun. I have been itching to get out and ride, but the heat is just oppressive :giveup:. Do you guys get up to that area much to ride? I am in Mckinney and I also ride a wr250r :thumb:.

Jordan

Well that was our first ride up there actually. But we plan to do many more. My dad and I try to ride a couple times a month even if its just Trophy Club, brushy creek etc.

I think we are looking at doing the Epic Ride event the first weekend in September.

You are more than welcome to join us anytime. Shoot me a PM with your number and we can get together sometime and do some riding.

I need to do tropy club sometime. my RawHyde school got canx due to heat in PA so now I will wait until early spring and go to CA to do it but I do know I need to work on ridding standing up and getting used to stand up on one peg and still drive without running in a circle

Well that was our first ride up there actually. But we plan to do many more. My dad and I try to ride a couple times a month even if its just Trophy Club, brushy creek etc.

I think we are looking at doing the Epic Ride event the first weekend in September.

You are more than welcome to join us anytime. Shoot me a PM with your number and we can get together sometime and do some riding.

Thanks! Sounds like a plan.

Jordan

Tackle this on a 950 Adventure?

Not the full K-trail unless you are seriously talented. There are a ton of rocks and some climbs that are pretty difficult. I've done the K-trail a few times on my DRZ and I drop it at least once every time. The last time I went I dropped it at least 5 times as I was tired from riding up from Dallas that morning and I didn't bring real knobbies.
You can do the areas on the Arkansas side with a 950 since Arkansas maintains the trails a lot better. Check out our ride report from a couple months ago.

Tackle this on a 950 Adventure?

Like typeSH said it would be very difficult on a big bike but not impossible. Much of the trail west of HWY 59 would be Class 4 & 5 roads. The biggest problem I would see with riding a big bike on the whole trail is fatigue(picking the bike up), because its 90-100 miles to do the whole thing.

@phillip. A 950 Adventure could do it but it really depends on the rider. I had a buddy that did the Ktrail from Muse to Honobia on a Vstrom 1000 wtih no armor. He went up Little Mountain Rd which is 4x4 stuff. Your bike will get scratched up so if you like pretty DS bikes, dont take it up there.

Back