• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

crashing sucks!

Best wishes and get well soon. Good luck on holding your breath for 4 to 6 weeks.

Best wishes and get well soon. Good luck on holding your breath for 4 to 6 weeks.

holding? JPS hired the guy who got info out of the prisoners at guantonimo and he wants me to blow into some sort of torture device till the indicator reaches 3000 20 times in a row each hour.

did it a couple times and I know exactly where he can blow, that realy hurts!

Broken ribs suck. Just don't move or cough. And for God's sake, whatever you do, don't sneeze. :eek2:

holding? JPS hired the guy who got info out of the prisoners at guantonimo and he wants me to blow into some sort of torture device till the indicator reaches 3000 20 times in a row each hour.

did it a couple times and I know exactly where he can blow, that realy hurts!

Yup... I learned the hard way that wraps and shallow breaths are wives tales in the rib healing arena these days. I was told to "forcefully cough" several times a day - the idea is to completely clear the lungs and avoid pneumonia. Yup... it hurts real bad. You'll get to know every nuance of your recliner too.

Heal fast - sorry to read of your incident.

Yup... I learned the hard way that wraps and shallow breaths are wives tales in the rib healing arena these days. I was told to "forcefully cough" several times a day - the idea is to completely clear the lungs and avoid pneumonia. Yup... it hurts real bad. You'll get to know every nuance of your recliner too.

Heal fast - sorry to read of your incident.

yep shallow breathing equals pneumonia, I am doing my best.

Dang Leon. I saw this on Chuck's FB page. I'm glad it isn't worse and it looks like it could have been.

We could make a special Tue. night. We could run the plate down and with your and the witnesses ID, we could just "talk" to the guy and let him know the err of his ways. :evil:

That's a dangerous intersection but sadly red light runners are everywhere.

Heal Up.
The bright side is you can milk this and at the very least get a free slice of pie and ice cream out of it. :mrgreen:

I do plan on making it one way or another to burger box friday.

Ed, his lovely much younger wife, Rich and Mike B came and dropped off the bike today. (Thanks guys! :hail:)

helmet, worked so well I didn't feel my head hit the ground.
chash11pics003.jpg

there is a little scuff on top of the right shoulder of my tourmaster jacket, my shoulder is a bit sore but no visible bruise and probably why I didn't break my shoulder.

not a good angle but some rim rash, and bottom side of fork is scraped.
chash11pics008.jpg

not a good angle but the snorkle for the intake under the tank is not now even across the frame. the head may be tweaked, wont know for sure without putting it on a table and shooting some lines down the rear tire.
[
chash11pics007.jpg

forks tweaked in tripple tree pretty good, the left fork leg looks like it might be slightly bent.
one year old radiator bent back pretty bad, filler neck bracket bent bad.

chash11pics001.jpg

handle bar bent, brake lever snapped off, turn signal smashed.
chash11pics002.jpg

bent but didn't break the peg.

chash11pics004.jpg

handle bars over extention and bar end weight punched the tank.
chash11pics006.jpg

muffler rash and it bent the mount.

chash11pics005.jpg

Good excuse to get yourself an FJR. ;)

well hoping that the guy who ran the red light and got me then took off before the police showed up was just drunk and or senile, and didn't run because he didn't have insurance.
but I have seen the statistics and am probably screwed.

will find out tomorrow if they have picked him up yet.

Leon, how terrible. I am really glad you are not hurt worse. Please take care of yourself these next few weeks so you will not get side effects.

Hannah is pretty awesome, isn't she?

Sorry to hear about the crash. Heal quick! As for the driver.....I hope karma works him over good.

Heal up quick and complete. If you need anything hollar, or maybe just send a note. :lol2:

Wow, sorry to hear about you getting wrecked, heal up quick.
Them ribs are gonna smart, remember to breathe as deep as you can and avoid sneezing at all costs.
Feel better man. :sun:

need to see doctor in about a week to see if any infection has set in or any fluid builds up.

big delay in getting out of there was because they were debatting admitting me as the risk for puntured lung goes way up with multiple broke ribs.

generaly as long as they don't go wondering around there is pretty much nothing you can do for broke ribs beyond a special belt to sinch them up.

you just limit movement and let them heal. 4-6 weeks.

Good job to the APD folks..
Just making sure you could reach out to the one who caused you all the damage just in case.

Heal up soon sir. :)

Hannah is pretty awesome, isn't she?

yep! Hannah rocks! sucks folks have to crash to get to see her though! :lol2:

thanks everybody!! hopefully I will find out if they have picked up the driver, tomorrow.

Back