• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run XI: Even Steven in Stephenville, 11/19

R

Red Brown

Pleasant, warm and windy day on the motorcycle...it is always a delight to join the TWTEX contingency at the monthly pie run. It was great to see everyone including some new faces from north Texas.

Lookin' forward to next year's events in 2012.

Stay Safe,

RB

WooHoo!!! Made a Pie Run in 2011!!!

Really good to get out and ride. Rode the same route (almost) coming and going.
Left Denton on 377 south to 407 but came on a wreck west of Justin. Had to double back to 156, then south to 114. West to 730 and south to 2048. West to 51 all the way to Paluxy. 205 into Stephenville.

On the return trip, I took 205 back to 51 then south to 67, u-turn and back up 51 all the way to 2048. Back to 114 but this time north to 407 and home.

Did meet a nice Officer in Granbury. Seems I arrived at 50 mph before the sign showed up. The nice Officer was tickled to see an old man out riding on such a pretty day. I was "Warned" to take it easy.

After the Officer left, while I was still gearing up, two of the gentlemen that I dined with stopped to be certain that I was okay. It occurs to me that I don't know either of their names........ :doh:

I caught up with them and followed them nearly to Boyd where we went our separate ways.

A Great Day to Ride....

Coconut Dream Pie

IMG_4918.jpg

The Bonneville's first Pie Run

IMG_4916.jpg

****, how did I miss this..:doh: Guess I will have to make the December run.. Hope you all had fun.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Great day for a ride. A little windy but a nice ride. Enjoy the pictures!

Where we were
PB195213Small.jpg

The bikes that attended
PB195211Small.jpg

PB195210Small.jpg

PB195212Small.jpg

PB195222Small.jpg

The folks that attended
PB195220Small.jpg

PB195219Small.jpg

PB195218Small.jpg

PB195217Small.jpg

PB195216Small.jpg

The pie that was ate
PB195215Small.jpg

After the Officer left, while I was still gearing up, two of the gentlemen that I dined with stopped to be certain that I was okay. It occurs to me that I don't know either of their names........

Don, that was Bob (RJ2) and I (Jeff). Sorry that we didn't exchange names as "gentlemen" should have. Glad you only got a warning - I can only wonder about the next he stopped over the hill..

Don, that was Bob (RJ2) and I (Jeff). Sorry that we didn't exchange names as "gentlemen" should have. Glad you only got a warning - I can only wonder about the next he stopped over the hill..

Well Jeff, it's nice "to meet" you..:mrgreen:

I am pretty certain that the driver that was stopped over the hill got a ticket.
He was flying when he went by and the officer nearly tripped getting back to his car.
I suspect that the driver must have been distracted because the brake lights came on after passing....
Pretty sure that he knew he had been nailed.:tab:doh:

P.S. The two riders on the other side of the table were Rick (rbickle) and Alan (alancb). We should be square now. :lol2:

Someone remind me who I owe $1.10. I failed to note their no debit/credit card policy until after I left a $5 tip on a $14 tab. :doh:

Someone remind me who I owe $1.10. I failed to note their no debit/credit card policy until after I left a $5 tip on a $14 tab. :doh:

They should have a very happy waitstaff. I left an extra tip on your behalf fearing that you were completely tapped after paying your check. :lol2:

Consider it "Administrator Salary" for all that you do on this forum. :clap:

Last edited:
They should have a very happy waitstaff. I left an extra tip on your behalf fearing that you were completely tapped after paying your check. :lol2:

Consider it "Administrator Salary" for all that you do on this forum. :clap:

Well, thanks! :lol2: Service was a little slow, but they were busting their humps to take care or us, the sorority and the glee club looking group that replace them. They deserve it.

Well, thanks! :lol2: Service was a little slow, but they were busting their humps to take care or us, the sorority and the glee club looking group that replace them. They deserve it.

:tabI agree. :thumb:

That coconut dream pie was worth the wait. Mmm Mmm....:eat:

I'll see your Stephenville Pie Run Banner and raise you one Pinks Hot Dogs in Hollywood CA Banner on the same night as the Pie Run. ;-)

6373401249_c57bfc1eae_z.jpg

Had a good ride in. Took 74 south off of I-10 from Palm Desert up into the mountains, and then caught 243 back northbound into Banning. Temps up in the mountains were between 39 and 45. No snow on the road but a little on the sides, and some cinders in the corners. Thank goodness for Gerbing.

We hit a sprinkle for about a mile coming into Colton in the afternoon, hit a downpour around Montclair for about 10 miles, but as soon as we headed down into the LA basin it was was clear and beautiful. Temps were low 50's and it was much nicer than last year.

Turnout was about 50 bikes, maybe more. Many from CA but TX, AZ, and Canada were represented, maybe other areas as well.

845 miles round trip.

Last edited:
This was the first TWT gathering for Suz and I, although I have been to quite a few RTEs.

After we left J&Ds, we went to Hard 8 down the street to have some Q for dessert. We the took a 65 or so mile roundabout and twisty path to Hico, where we had some great pie for an afternoon snack before headed back to parts north.

Was nice meeting you all, we look forward to more riding (and more pie) in the coming months.

[oh, and to the one who took the pic of me with my fingers above Suz's head, worry not... those red and blue lights that you see in your rearview mirrors have nothing to do with me. LoL]

I forgot that I had a few photos, too.

I enjoyed the day. Started with three riders in S/W Arlington, picked up 2 in Venus (should have been 3 :doh: ), and 3 at 157/875 south of Venus.

Good to see Rick (rbickle) again. I was expecting to see Leon (focus frenzy) and Rick on an FJR in Venus & found Leon and Steve (MacDaddy). Steve was on his FJR, and I was confused but figured that was OK until a few miles down the road, I figured out that it should have been Rick! :giveup:

Fortunately, Rick made it there anyway.

Met some new folks & wnjoyed talking with Kurt about his recent cruise - something I want to do someday...

Went back more-or-less the same way so Janet and David/Paul (forgot which) could get some photos of unusual things on FM56 south of Glen Rose. Hopefully, they will post those here...

Anyway, the pics:

d70_10238q.jpg

d70_10239q.jpg

d70_10240q.jpg

d70_10241q.jpg

d70_10242q.jpg

d70_10243q.jpg

d70_10244q.jpg

d70_10245q.jpg

d70_10246q.jpg

d70_10247q.jpg

d70_10248q.jpg

d70_10249q.jpg

d70_10250q.jpg

d70_10251q.jpg

d70_10252q.jpg

d70_10253q.jpg

Since Robin and I had to miss last week we just used the route we had planned to ride and went to Jake and Dorothy's today. Not a bad place, I had chicken fried steak and buttermilk pie.

Back