• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Short Ride Navarro County Roads

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Put about 80 miles on my 'new to me' DRZ400e.
Didn't ride any hard stuff, as I was solo.
Ready to Go
Ready.jpg

Bridge Out
Bridgeout.jpg

Nice road
Endlesstrail.jpg

:rider:
New at dual sporting. Gonna be fun!

There is no hope for you now... Once you start DS riding it is REALLY hard to quit... :trust:

By the way, I would invest in dirt oriented boots. The odds of going down on dirt are MUCH higher than on the pavement (at least if you are having fun...) Anyway, good ankle/foot protection is a must. My dirt boots have saved me broken bones on many occasions. They are also more comfy for long periods of standing on the pegs because of the typically stiffer soles, which also makes them slightly less comfy for general walking. I don't hike to get there, I ride :rider:

Looks great! I'd agree on the MX type boots, I had some when I rode in the deserts of SoCal and they're so easy to stand on the pegs with. Someday, when I grow up, I want a DS bike.

Ordered these last night:
2010-Fly-Racing-Maverik-Shorty-Boot-Blackgif.jpg

Been a few years since riding dirt. At 12 yrs old I broke my left foot between a rock and a welded footpeg. (with boots on!) Was reminded of that yesterday.

Ordered these last night:
2010-Fly-Racing-Maverik-Shorty-Boot-Blackgif.jpg

Been a few years since riding dirt. At 12 yrs old I broke my left foot between a rock and a welded footpeg. (with boots on!) Was reminded of that yesterday.

Cool! After you wear them a while, come back and let us know what you think about them.

There is no hope for you now... Once you start DS riding it is REALLY hard to quit... :trust: .... By the way, I would invest in dirt oriented boots. The odds of going down on dirt are MUCH higher than on the pavement....

Ordered these [Maverick Boots] last night....

Thanks for posting the pics danimal. Looking forward to more of 'em.

Good deal on ordering the boots. On our last dual sport ride, after 400 miles with 2-4 riding partners, I split off for the last 100 indirect miles on my own. Well, I ended up discombobulated when stopping to take a photo and ended up in the middle of the road with my left foot stuck between the kickstand and swingarm - by myself on a lonely county road. :doh: The dual-sport boots surely saved my foot from broken bones (still a little sore in the left ribs tho).

Back