• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

“Ride the Bean” ride is over?

Reaction score
I’ve searched but unable to find a TWT thread about a European couple who on the first day of their big moto adventure to Africa, had a major crash.

Although I haven’t followed their utube channel, his latest video popped up today.

Anyone who remembers that original thread on TWT might be saddened to learn that the woman, Pia, took her life not long ago.

Apparently they both suffered depression and together had battled it. In fact, the mc adventure and the decision to film/vlog it, was a big part of that battle.

This video, in which he breaks the news of her death is amazing for its honesty and thoughtfulness.

I want to share it because few of us haven’t been touched by suicide.

Thanks for sharing the video. The news of Pia’s death is heartbreaking.

Here is the thread I think you were looking for.

Very sad. More shootings and suicides the last couple of months. I saw an article that mentioned suicide went down during covid.
A couple I watched for a couple of years as they traveled thru South America in a van had issues with depression also. They quit, went home, broke up. As she was trying to make a go of it again she had someone be mean to her on a review. It sent her into a spiral and suicide.
Be nice to others, you don't know what they might be going thru.

Last edited:
I’ve searched but unable to find a TWT thread about a European couple who on the first day of their big moto adventure to Africa, had a major crash.

Although I haven’t followed their utube channel, his latest video popped up today.

Anyone who remembers that original thread on TWT might be saddened to learn that the woman, Pia, took her life not long ago.

Apparently they both suffered depression and together had battled it. In fact, the mc adventure and the decision to film/vlog it, was a big part of that battle.

This video, in which he breaks the news of her death is amazing for its honesty and thoughtfulness.

I want to share it because few of us haven’t been touched by suicide.

He did a great job as a memorial speech for Pia. Definitely worried about his view on life. Seems like if he loses the "fun" in his life he's going the same direction. Hope he finds a way out.

Oh so this is why the other thread got some traffic. Yes I posted about this as well, what a terrible situation.

That interesting don't know anything about this I just watch the video of the guy. Suicidal or depression is not cool for sure, I am not sure where the guy is from but it not a warm place, maybe somewhere in Europe with the accent. One thing for sure sun light+climate and + (to much of a social system can make you pretty depress), I am from Montréal Qc Canada where the suicidal rate is pretty high, kind of Top of the Chart. This guy need to move to Texas Under the Sun or maybe South of Italy/Spain/France/Portugal... Life goes fast so let enjoy it, we are here for a moment.

Simple thing can make you happy, (SUN) for sure been a parents, responsible for other living thing, animal pet, can change your full angle in life.
Hey it not everywhere where it cold that is bad, check this out,
but change of space & location and the comfort zone is maybe a easy fix (without running away from it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vec
Pretty sad.

At the end, it is pretty telling that his belief system is that there is no purpose for life except to live it and enjoy what you can.

Living for personal reasons makes it easy to decide to stop living when you feel like it as you only exist for you.

Living for a larger purpose gives life meaning.

Living to make the world better for others, for something greater than yourself, or for the Christian, to glorify your Creator, has purpose.

True purpose has an inherent fulfillment that you don't get chasing only personal enjoyment and selfish desires.

There is joy in purpose and it really seems neither of those two know why they exist and what their purpose is.

I fear he follows Pia's path if someone doesn't help him understand there is more to life than chasing experiences and enjoyment.

Pretty sad.

At the end, it is pretty telling that his belief system is that there is no purpose for life except to live it and enjoy what you can.

Living for personal reasons makes it easy to decide to stop living when you feel like it as you only exist for you.

Living to make the world better for others, for something greater than yourself, or for the Christian, to glorify your Creator, has purpose.

True purpose has an inherent fulfillment that you don't get chasing only personal enjoyment and selfish desires.

There is joy in purpose and it really seems neither of those two know why they exist and what their purpose is.

I fear he follows Pia's path if someone doesn't help him understand there is more to life than chasing experiences and enjoyment.

Best post ever!

Pretty sad.

The good news is as long as a person has breath they can change their belief system or at least adjust it. We all have tribulation and weak moments in this life. That is when we need to not only help each other, but to be able to ask and accept help, Has anyone noticed, the people that need the most help are the hardest to help.
I know he is grieving the loss of Pia . If I could advise the man, I would tell him to volunteer to help some charity where people are in need. Learn to love what the world refers to as the unlovely. This will begin to remove the mask that most people wear and begin a marathon path of a new beginning of abundant life.

This entire story was a truly tragic sequence of events.

I still just can't believe there was a 3-foot stone riverbank in the middle of the ****ing road/trail. Completely altered the course of their lives.

I binge watched the first five episodes of that last night. So sad all around. You can see the emotional pain they each carried as well as the physical harm/pain both before and after the accident. Just so sad.

This entire story was a truly tragic sequence of events.

I still just can't believe there was a 3-foot stone riverbank in the middle of the ****ing road/trail. Completely altered the course of their lives.
Lawsuits would be flying if that happened in the good ol US of A

Back