• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

100% Tunisian Olive Oil

Back ground could be a kitchen counter top setting. Pastels in the back ground allowing the eye to be drawn to the brighter object in the fore ground. Lighting the 100% Tunisian with a mini spot, diffused.

Dropping the bottles in with a software program gets them in the shot, but does it look natural? How would you shoot the shot with them in there? Scott's idea would add 2 new lights and some hot spots on the glass.
You're adding two glass items into a shot that has nothing reflective or transparent in it. There is gonna have to be a little change to the lighting to accept the reflective stuff you've added.
TexTom

Dropping the bottles in with a software program gets them in the shot, but does it look natural? How would you shoot the shot with them in there? Scott's idea would add 2 new lights and some hot spots on the glass.
You're adding two glass items into a shot that has nothing reflective or transparent in it. There is gonna have to be a little change to the lighting to accept the reflective stuff you've added.
TexTom

You can definitely add them in post and make it look real, it just takes more work than what I did...accurate scaling & depth, artificial lighting, softer edges, blending layers, etc...

How many layers do you see here?

836722252_766xU-M.jpg

How many here? Are they really playing together? Outdoors?

836777103_ZTm6f-M.jpg

And even though I do talk to myself quite a bit, It rarely looks like this!

773819270_zCifD-M.jpg

Most of what you see in advertising/print "is not really there".

Oh yeah, it can be done that way. It can look really good ,too. And you can shoot them that way,too.
It's kinda like " You can pay me know, or you can pay me later."
Do you want to do the work before or after the camera?
TexTom

I think XoZe was just presenting a concept of what the set-up could look like with some bottles in there.... That's my take.

Me? I'm a fan of as little post as possible - if possible.

Back