• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Bandits on this Site

These front brakes, while serviceable, have never been very good. I have always wondered if the master cylinder is just weak and isn't providing much pressure. I have changed rotors, pads, fluid, and though it helped didn't give me the kind of bite and feel I would like. If I commit to keeping the bike another few years I might go after the master.

I might get some input from Dale Walker @ Holeshot and see what he says. He does offer some interesting if not expensive braking goodies that I could look into as well.

Last edited:
Owner for a month of a left over 2016 Bandit 1250 in Red. Great bike for a standard. Only mods are 308 Givi tank bag and 19/42 sprockets to put speedo spot on by GPS. As to the "weak" brakes, I've owned 2 wee stroms (still have the 2012) with approx. the same front brake feel and has never been a problem for me. Suppose I've gotten used to them.

For me, it's simply because the brakes are pretty worn out I think. This bike is 7 years old now so she's going to need a little help. I refuse to get rid of her though! She's just too good a bike to let go of.

The thing that brought the brake situation to the fore front is the fact that I got a 2017 Triumph Trophy SE and my gosh those brakes are amazing! Truly one finger braking can be used on this new bike, so it really made me realize how bad off the FA's brakes are.

J.R. I don't know what number I am. I guess since the last number I saw was 306 I'll say 307 and I ride a red 07. As for the front brakes everybody is talking about. I put new pads on the front and they'll put you over the handlebars. I'm sure if I were a trick rider it would do stoppies. What more could you want? Mine doesn't have ABS. I wonder if having ABS could be causing people to not feel like they don't have enough front brake? Just a thought.

Been a long time since I visited this thread. Keyaw, I'm still #33. Still have Suzy the Bandit and right at 90K miles on her. Been a heck of a ride.

DRW

Hello Achesley good to see your still kicking. I too haven't been on the thread for awhile I'm getting close to the 100k and haven't had any problems with my 07 Red Bandit. I don't commute with it anymore because I finally got the RE attached to Tired and seem to be catching up with projects that don't require travel. I did just do a 300 miler recently and must say probably the best purchase of a vehicle I've ever made, it's still a blast. They opened up PCH 1 recently so a trip to Phils in Moss Landing from Pismo Beach for some cioppino is in order. Enjoy the road.
Doug in Pismo Beach CA