• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Bandits on this Site

It depends on what you are used to.
Certainly, but I meant the actual temperature at which the air flow from riding actually begins to increase your temperature like a convection oven. I forget where I read about this.

Perhaps it was just conjecture on an interweb forum.

As hot as it was, I was surprised at my ability to keep going. I did have a hydro pack in my jacket that I periodically stopped and filled with ice as well as drinking/dousing myself with water.

The stops weren't as bad as sub-100 with high humidity (I used to live in the steambath of Houston, Tx).

(Goes off to wonder if high heat/high humidity becomes cooler over a certain speed than higher heat/low humidity)

Certainly, but I meant the actual temperature at which the air flow from riding actually begins to increase your temperature like a convection oven. I forget where I read about this.

Ah, I understand. Since our core temperature is a touch over 98F it makes sense that any ambient temp higher than that will be trying to cook us. Is that what you were thinking of?

Mark

Ha, ha: That's mine the windshield is this one.

And I don't like it to be honest, I'm 6', the previous owner added higher bars and this windshield is a few inches too low still and I get buffeting. I added one of those ugly flaps on top and it helps but I think I'd be better off just putting the stock windshield back on and just hit the wind dead on without the buffeting.
I find the same with my Vstream, better to stick my mug to the side for direct blast.

I changed the tall windshield for this little one I got with the bike. I like this better, a little noisier but no wind buffeting. I catch lots of chest wind now but I think I'll leave the shorty on until it gets colder here. I ride about 1 hour a day on 65MPH road and about 1 hour on 40MPH and slower so it's a good mix.

Attachments

• bandit7.jpg
    bandit7.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 91
I changed the tall windshield for this little one I got with the bike. I like this better, a little noisier but no wind buffeting. I catch lots of chest wind now but I think I'll leave the shorty on until it gets colder here. I ride about 1 hour a day on 65MPH road and about 1 hour on 40MPH and slower so it's a good mix.
It may just be time for an RT for me. Thanks!

Back