• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 loses power once warm, no codes, idles ok

Well, I'll tell you as a long time mechanic. Electrical problems can be found in a few minutes at times and NEVER some times. Good luck and hope all works out and it corrects it'self.

Got a call today that they found that the (new Kemso) fuel pump wasn't holding pressure..I didn't replace the regulator, only the fuel pump. It seems I was headed in the right direction...(also no "mesh" in the assembly as another posted here)

A little surprised, but like that they went to troubleshoot more.

Well, back to the original problem. Idles fine, sitting still until warm. Shows itself moving more. 700 for fuel pump assy and labor. Not any further ahead.

Bryan, wow that sucks so far. What I would try next it pull the gas tank, and instrument cowling off, un-plug ever electrical connection, spray with a good electrical cleaner, blow out with air and replug , working it in and out a few times. That has help me before. After that and it still does the same thing, I would head for the pick up coils , etc.
Still sounds like heat related electrical to me. And I promise you, that Bandit electrical system is way simpler than my '03 Corvette. So far so good on my '07 Bandit with over 95K miles showing but actual is over 100K miles due to speedohealer.

any chance the bike had a power commander on it before you bought it but was removed? could be a plug not plugged in all the way or plugged into the wrong spot. I wonder if the secondaries where removed, if it would cause issues if a power commander was not on it. Holeshot.com has a good instruction manual on installing their Super Tune kit. Might check the connections that they plug their system in through. You never know.

Great advice, and will get me going. I am not any further ahead with the dealer service dept, than if I had done it myself. Pretty bummed about it because it's a great bike. They try to minimize labor charges I think in order to help, but solving this is troubleshooting time intensive and agree... Electrical in source.. Connection, coil. I will get back at it in the next few days. Riding season is short here in northern NY.

Oh my, Northern New York, I was headed to Nova Scotia in '02 on my brand new BMW R1150GS and I spent so much time playing around in Northern New York, Vermont, New Hampshire that by the time I got to Maine I had run out of time to get up there so played around in Maine for a few days and headed back to Louisiana to go back offshore for my job. Very fond memories of that country up there. Loved it.

After the service dept talked with Suzuki..they tested the stator - low voltage and high resistance, open to ground condition. Ordering one and crossing fingers. Will update next week...to be continued.

And yes the northern parts of NY, along with VT, NH, Maine are some of the prettiest areas with some really nice riding. Kinda why I moved back up here. Dealing with winter is just part of it. lol

had a similar issue on BMW F800GS
Turned out to be the fuel pump - starving when heating up
I saw issue after about 30 minutes least of riding
Luckily was replaced under warranty

End result...stator. Premature failure of another new fuel pump (covered by a warranty). Rides great...end of season. :-/

Back