• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prefer the Lockhart/Shiner/NB 200 mile loop or want to do the 300 mile Hill Country Overland route?

The 200 mile loop is less scenic but has a lower overall pucker factor rating.

Sunday work?

Sunday works. Overland route is a potential yes, but I would skip the James River. 200 mile is better, but only if that is preferable to others as well.

@Jarrett normally yes on Sunday, but will already be on a 180 mile ride back to ft hood. If the ride is north of San Antonio could possibly meet for the north part of the ride.

I won't know for sure until Friday, but I think Sunday should work. I have never ridden that distance in a single day, and I will definately be the slowest on the KLR650. It's fast enough... but the rider isn't. However, ... there is no time like the present to push past my comfort zone (distance, not speed).

I plan on messing around in bastrop in the t village , should be some decent mud from the recent rain.

Sunday looks like a good day for a ride. Anyone interested in meeting in Helotes and running the sisters?
Meet up at the Bandera road Exxon IN Helotes ( NOT.. 1604 and Bandera) 9:30. KSU at 10:00 for an easy paved ride.
Does anyone know if the construction between Medina and Vanderpool/Leakey is complete?

No worries. You can always bug out when we cross a bigger road if the distance/pace is too much for you.
Thanks, sounds like a good plan. I have ridden offroad / dirt for many years and lack long distance experience on the pavement.

I should be able to make it. The 200 mile route looks good. I do not have much experience on gravel. Should be fun.

Sunday looks like a good day for a ride. Anyone interested in meeting in Helotes and running the sisters?
Meet up at the Bandera road Exxon IN Helotes ( NOT.. 1604 and Bandera) 9:30. KSU at 10:00 for an easy paved ride.
Does anyone know if the construction between Medina and Vanderpool/Leakey is complete?
meet/ride cancelled. 337 is closed from Medina to Vanderpool till April

I will not be able to make it on Sunday. Bummed... but happy that we will be visiting our youngest son in college (UT Austin). I'll look for the bikes as we pass Buccee's about the same time you will be leaving. Maybe a good time to stop for coffee if I see y'all getting ready to go.

Looks like we're going to meet up at Buc-ee's in New Braunfels at 9:00am and then head from there out towards Lockhart.

Once at Lockhart, we turn South/Southeast and start meandering dirt roads on the way to Shiner.

There are big, loose marble gravel sections, but in general, all big bike friendly stuff.

No lunch stop planned due to social distancing, be we can grab something at the gas station in Shiner.

I'll be on the KTM 390 Adventure, so moderate pace.

View attachment 285061
I am interested for sure. Would like to finally meet you and have a ride.
On a stock DRZ400 so I am limited on speed on the paved stuff. Would be a long day up and back from Leander on that bike especially not being able to just blast home on freeways at the end of the route. Maybe I ditch some housework tomorrow and fiddle with installing a quirky windscreen I have.

y'all have a good ride down in NB. I'm waiting for the 65F temps to burn in before i go for an afternoon ride out my house.

But I did spend the afternoon yesterday riding down to San Marcos on my street bike. Didn't get to explore much of the twisties but i did explore this new place that had all you can eat sushi .... that was some good livin'.

Back