• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good riding with you again, Randy
Same! I enjoyed it very much. This was a fun ride with some great twisties, variety, and great company.

IMG_20210327_093059.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-194445.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-194507.jpg

Last edited:
That crossing looks so sketchy!
Having had a bad experience on a mossy water crossing a few years back, every crossing is sketchy to me.

This one isn't bad, though. Some green is growing on the concrete, but it didn't give us any trouble. I have a video of @Jarrett going through like a champ, but the file is too big for TWT to accept it. I'm uploading to YT.. will post shortly.

I'm pretty sure the location is Curry Creek at Acker Rd.

Glad you guys had a good ride. We got in 147 miles with a friend. This was the first ride for my wife on the new-to-me Triumph and it worked out great.
1616980517290.png

Having some laughs
1616980573203.png

1616980471259.png

I'll stay tuned for the next ride.

I was thinking after the ride. That last section of this route is like a trackday for sharp 90 degree turns in loose gravel.

They seem constant and give lots of attempts to try different techniques. I gained some confidence in those corners as well during this ride.

I was thinking next time, we could run it backwards, so the ride gets a little easier (and more scenic) as it goes on. Might be better with fatigue and such.
Jarrett,

This sounds like a really good idea for me, as I've done virtually zero dirt riding. Would it be possible to share a map of the location of these dirt roads?

I am a little late to this party, but I live on the south side of SA and have been doing some riding in the area on my Tenere 700.

I've been focusing on the area outlined in red on the map as I can hit the dirt relatively quickly after leaving my house. I tend to
look for as much dirt as possible and there is quite a bit available in this area of operations.

Did a day ride up to Lockhart and back a few times which was about the limit of out-and-back before dark in the winter. With
the longer days now that gives more options.

This is what I do when I am not doing Sander's hill country rides. Looks like there are a few others also living in this area so
if anyone wants to get together for a day of exploring let me know...

SASWriding.jpg
20210207_160805_resize.jpg
20201220_160841_resize.jpg
20201209_154408_resize.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it.

I was planning on running it again this weekend, but the TARA San Saba route is getting a do over on Saturday, so I figured I'd go check that one out.
I've never heard of TARA San Saba. What's that?

You should have posted up and stopped by. I was going to ride today but had to do some work on my truck. I see you made into palmetto State park. Where was the deep gravel ? I would have told you to avoid 123 when you turned North towards Seguin.

Looks like a fun one. Wanted to go for a ride this weekend, but had a busy week and decided to chill. Next weekend I'll be looking to ride for sure.

Back