• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

14th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride

Surprisingly no official announcements with the holiday weekend coming up.

This also happened in 2012 or so, the forest reopened the Friday before the ride started. Fortunately the ride is two months away and the monsoon season doesn't start until June, if it does this year.

"New Mexico and other areas across the Southwest U.S. are affected by the North American Monsoon System (NAMS) every summer, and the “Monsoon Season” is designated as the period lasting from June 15th through September 30th."

Surprisingly no official announcements with the holiday weekend coming up.

This also happened in 2012 or so, the forest reopened the Friday before the ride started. Fortunately the ride is two months away and the monsoon season doesn't start until June, if it does this year.

"New Mexico and other areas across the Southwest U.S. are affected by the North American Monsoon System (NAMS) every summer, and the “Monsoon Season” is designated as the period lasting from June 15th through September 30th."

Sorry Sander. I should have posted the rumors about the closure in a different spot than your event thread. Hopefully the monsoons hit on schedule.

John, it is good to know the drumbeats.

The rain has to come, I need to do the connector trail now to make the loop!

Day 1 of the scouting ride.

20180812_125726.jpg
Logan and I were up there in 2018! You have your work cut out for you going up and coming down!!

Hoping and Praying at this point.

New Mexico Monsoon Awareness Home

"New Mexico and other areas across the Southwest U.S. are affected by the North American Monsoon System (NAMS) every summer, and the “Monsoon Season” is designated as the period lasting from
June 15th through September 30th."

The RIDE is CANCELLED.

Although I do think the forest will be open in time I'm not mother nature, nor a forest manager.

As I know last minute rescheduling and lodging reservations are tough I'm going to pull the plug now.

Last edited:
Im glad you saw that. I was excited about the rain. We are in Alamogordo, a few minutes south. We got .18" of rain. Like you said its a start. The lightning was a sight to see!
5.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 73
The RIDE is CANCELLED.

Although I do think the forest will be open in time I'm not mother nature, nor a forest manager.

As I know last minute reschedule and lodging reservations are tough I'm going to pull the plug now.
Looking for the no like button. Probably for the best though the way the weather had been.

Was going to try and make this event for the first time this year.

Back