• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1971 CT1 Yahama 175cc Questions

Reaction score
I found one for sale for $995.

The bike is in running order...apparently everything works and runs fine. Not sure on mileage(a bike this old, I dont really pay attention to mileage anyways---speedo might not work right anyways).

As I've never even ridden or seen a bike like this but it's right in the cafe racer style / part enduro look I like (i.e. triumph scrambler)...I'm thinkin about picking it up.

Any of yall owned one? If so, what are your thoughts etc for a bike, just kinda to run around town. Also...I would def be willing to do DS trips on it.

Pic below is identical....obviously, this one will have more wear...but the same paint/model.

Attachments

• bikepics-1374401-800.jpg
    bikepics-1374401-800.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 166
Cafe racer style? Not sure where you get that from. Just a year or two before they started fitting plastic fenders. This is a pure enduro bike and a good one also for that era. Strong runner and reliable, just make sure the oil injection is functioning or else you'll fry the motor very quick without 2 stroke oil.

_

I had a brand new one in 1971 when I was 16. I really loved that bike! It was my only transportation then (well, except my Mom!). I rode it to school every morning, and then to work in the afternoons. I think back then brand new it was about $600. Of course gas was only about 40 cents a gallon!

A couple of years later when I got a car, I stripped it down and used it exclusively on dirt, even racing motocross with it. When I was done with that bike it was completely used up!

But it's not a cafe racer. :eek2:

I had one. Rode it to work and school. Played on it. Fouled spark plugs on a fairly regular basis. $995.00 is definitely more than it cost new. My 1970 model 250 was $695.00 out the door.

Cafe racer style? Not sure where you get that from. Just a year or two before they started fitting plastic fenders. This is a pure enduro bike and a good one also for that era. Strong runner and reliable, just make sure the oil injection is functioning or else you'll fry the motor very quick without 2 stroke oil.

_

cafe is anything naked and light. Such as old enduros....slap street tires on it and some clip ons and you're a cafe.

Back