• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale 1975 Honda Goldwing - For Sale...

Reaction score
I have decided that it is time to sell my '75 Goldwing. It has been a fun bike and gets a lot of (positive) attention when I ride it. Rode to the Texas Fandango in Fredericksburg, TX. It ran great the entire weekend.

This is a single-carb conversion using a reproduction Solex 34 PICT-3 and it is dialed in pretty well. It starts and idles good and will take throttle through all the RPM ranges without bucking or popping or coughing. The drive train is solid, has brand new tires front and back (less than 500 miles on them). It is not a show bike, it is not original but the mods are correct for a naked bike. I also have a tub full of extra parts which includes a complete set of take off carburetors (that need to be rebuilt, but in good condition), 2 shop manuals, ignition coils, chrome covers, complete stock air cleaner, other bits and pieces.

As for the not so good about the bike; it might need fork seals, a new neutral switch (or cleaned), and some cosmetic work to pretty it up a little.

I am asking $1800 because that's what the market is for these bikes, so the herd is being thinned. It's located in Coldspring, Texas (about an hour north of Geo Bush Airport).

Message me if you would like more information or better pictures, Thanks, Bud...

75 GL1000 1.jpg

75 GL1000 2.jpg

75 GL1000 3.jpg

75 GL1000 4.jpg

75 GL1000 5.jpg

75 GL1000 7.jpg

75 GL1000 8.jpg

Last edited:
The odometer shows 53K miles, but the speedometer is not original. I have no idea what the actual mileage is, the title says, 'EXEMPT'.

Later, Bud...

Rode the old girl yesterday. Been setting for a few weeks (without a battery tender) and needed to be started and run. Turned on the gas, twisted the grip a couple of times, turned on the key and hit the starter - fired right up. Rode from Coldspring to New Waverly, had lunch and topped off the gas tank. Took Old Hwy 75 to Huntsville, then 190 to Point Blank and 156 back to Coldspring. About 75 miles. The bike ran great - still for sale...

Later, Bud...

The Wolf Creek Custom Car Truck and Bike show is coming up Oct. 21st and 22nd. If I still have the bike at that time, I will have it at the show...

Later, Bud...

Well, the ol' gal took 1st Place at Wolf Creek for the Rat Bike Class. I've been dealing with health issues so haven't had time to pursue selling this fine vintage motorcycle. Think for Christmas I'll put antlers on it and call it a Raindeer.

BTW - I will consider reasonable offers.

Later, Bud...

Back