• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1984 Compaq Luggable--Exploratory E-mail

NASA might want it. They might have a nuclear missile toting secret satellite up there that needs some spare parts ...

Words with lost/different meanings
bat file
.com
Peek Poke
6 Pack+
Turbo
Coproccesor
Green screen
Parallel port

OP getting a lot of free bumps:lol2:

I still have 3 of the original Lasermedia "Imagen" computers from the stone age of lasers.
They have slots for 512k "fat cards" with 8 EPROMS each card 8 cards total.
It has a "Battery RAM" card, a Dual U-ART card to feed the green TERMINAL monitor. (Esprit or Esprit2, I need one)
Got a TTL card, proprietary time code card ripping off SMPTE but not compatible. (a propeller head did write a converter)
The XYZ axis scanner driver cards never failed, unlike the closed-loop feedback galvanometers aka scanners.
And the star of the show..... the processor card featuring the mighty Z-80 processor.
Anyone fluent in FORTH? :eek2: :lol2:

Thanks for bringing back some great memories! I had the 20 MG JD version and wondered if we would ever need all that storage capacity.... lol

Back