• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1984 KTM 495 For Sale - sold - headed to AZ

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Ride or restore. Could use new plastics and seat cover / foam. Stored with out fuel. I am in zip code 77380 - Spring Texas. More pics on Craigslist..... stored since 2001. Childhood dream bike. Rode a few times and then stored.

If your daughter or son likes fast dirt bikes. You need this bike. nice restored one run $5, 000.
$2,300

did I mention it is FAST!!!!!:sun:

Attachments

• 65127A05-D52D-4763-9803-13689A4B494B.jpeg
    65127A05-D52D-4763-9803-13689A4B494B.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 763
Last edited:
He wants to wire me the money. Does that sound right. I would rather get cash from the transportation company but that might be asking too much.

nearly certainly a scam. Just say no.

I would have it wired to the bank to verify it is real and can't be retracted. I would work with the bank to see how to arrange the transfer of funds so your bank info is safe. He needs to set up shipping and pay the shipping company directly for the shipping. If he doesn't want to play it your way walk away.

The flip side is for what you are asking is it worth all that to you. I would probably hold out for someone face to face.

Reactions: JMZ
Wiring money is pretty safe these days. I use Fidelity and my bank act has nothing to do with my Fidelity acct. I don't use a major bank like B of A or Chase so not sure. Check with your bank. If you get the money then ship the bike and he pays shipping. If he's not willing to pay up front then I'd move on. Bikes like that are Hot right now.
If I didn't have 7 in my garage I'd consider.

While it sounds like a scam, I can say that there are Aussies with an affection for big bore 2-strokes and KTM in particular. Todd Tarver (SLM / KTM of North Texas) built one up for a guy in Australia, rode with him in the dunes in CA (I think) and shipped it to Australia after. If you really want to sell it and the price is right, you can vet it with Todd to see if it sounds legit. He's no expert on phishing scams, but he has done a similar transaction so he may have info to help.

Reactions: JMZ
Call Phil at San Marcos motorcycles after 9am and pick his brain if he has time(which he may not). He recently sold a Harley to some aussies

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I rode one of those a friend raced, and it scared the living dog poo out of me.
Got back on the 480R with a much mellower power band.
But I'm glad I rode it when I could!

Back