• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1992 BMW K75RT Project- Withdrawn

Reaction score
Recent health issues and owning two other bikes have me needing to lighten my life load. So the RT is on the market.

The engine was hard starting six weeks ago, but after warming up for two minutes and then shut off would restart immediately. I rode it about 5 miles then and it ran well. The engine now will turn over but is not starting after 3-4 attempts. The gear indicator only shows 3 and 4, for all positions. The sender needs cleaning. The odometer and trip meter are inoperable, estimated mileage is 49,000.

I checked and adjusted valves at approx. 45K miles and it needed an exhaust shim replaced. It has a Parabellum windshield. the steering head bearings were replaced at 42K. Heated grips. BMW throttle lock. The rear splines are in excellent condition. Body work in very good condition. Has a rare Reynolds rear rack/backrest.

The tires need replacing, it's currently out of registration. The forks need a rebuild. Brake fluid needs replacing, the ABS is working.

The bike will come the original tool kit, original owners manual, a Haynes service manual, a BMW oil change kit, some service records, valve adjustment tools.

The RT was my winter/rally bike purchased in 2015 with 37K miles. I don't ride near it much nowadays. I was tempted to dismantle the K and work it into a cafe bike, but it seems a waste for a classic K and with the previous issues mentioned I can't collect the focus for the work. It won't take much to get this RT back on the road, it'd make a great ride project for someone to invest time/effort into it.
K1.jpg

K2.jpg

Any questions, interest can be recorded here or emailed to mhrooney@juno.com. I'm located in East Texas near Tyler.

I'm asking $1,200. Clear title.

Love the 75s. so much smoother than the 100's. Hope you can get it sorted out and ride it!

Back