• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale 1992 BMW R100GSPD for sale - $8500 OBO

Reaction score
1992 BMW R100GSPD ($8500 OBO) with extremely low-mileage (9460) and in exceptional condition...except for 2 flaws - a slightly twisted steering head from an accident that occurred in 1994 and a ‘salvage’ title. One wouldn't know anything was wrong unless I showed you. As a matter-of fact, the last two owners didn't know anything was wrong, and all three of us rode the bike not knowing anything was wrong. The was apparently wrecked in the mid-90s in Colorado. Whoever owned it after the wreck sold it to owner #2 in Oklahoma where it was titled with a clear title. Owner #3, a good friend bought it and had a clear Oklahoma title on it. He sold it to me. When I registered it in Texas, the state found that it was salvaged using the National Data Base. I didn't believe it and fought it. But I lost. I couldn't find anything wrong. I disassembled it twice looking for the flaw. One day, on the center stand in a particular position, I saw it this last month. The steering head is slightly twisted. It is certainly repairable, and there is a gentlemen in Ft Worth that repairs bike frames that will take on the project. I did a tour of Arkansas on the bike with some of that off-road. I've been approximately 1500 miles on the bike since I bought it. And otherwise this bike is in great condition. It would go indefinitely like it is and no one would ever know the problem unless shown. But after I bought it this last August I made the following upgrades: fresh black powder-coated bull bar, crash bars, rear luggage racks and silencer (high-heat powder coat on silencer); new and freshly painted ‘Boxer Cafe’ front fender (low); freshly painted rear fender; all new fluids throughout (to include fork tubes); new plugs and plug wires; new fuel lines and in-line fuel filters; new Touratech risers; new Oxford Adventure heated grips; new Cyclops LED headlight bulb; new LED taillight; new battery; new Heidenau K60s; new braided stainless front brake line and fluid; fresh valve clearance adjustment and carb sync; carb bowls cleaned with new gaskets; new Barkbuster hand protectors; pulse air and SLS delete performed; original hard cases included (no damage); new Knight Designs footpegs; PIAA halogen auxiliary lights; original BMW battery charger still sealed in its original box. Owners manual on-hand. I have all original equipment that has been removed/replaced. This bike is in exceptional condition and rides exceptionally well despite its slightly twisted steering head. The cost to straighten the head is between $500 and $1000. The reason I'm selling is that my new Husqvarna 901 now sits in the garage, and when I mentioned that I'd need to spend more on the GSPD, 'the boss' got a bit irritated. If interested you can text or call 903-522-9584. Or email jdcolette@yahoo.com. The boss, bike and I all reside in Tyler.
If inte
IMG_5107.jpg
IMG_5349.jpeg
IMG_5352.jpeg
IMG_5356.jpeg

I always wanted one of these, but I never touch a vehicle of any kind with a salvage title. GLWS, this is a gorgeous bike!

Beautiful bike. Bummer on the salvage title and on the steering head issue. Its such a classic bike that someone will surely buy it and love it. Probably ride it as is forever.

Back