• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

Had a few modifications for our monthly breakfast meet, ended up as a lunch. Met at 10am instead of 8, at Relic Burger in Chandler rather then the diner at Pounds Field in Tyler (which had to close down), and ate in the parking lot by our bikes rather then at a table. Didn't affect the conversation, which was still interesting and upbeat.

ET Meet.jpg

Ken, on his Burgman, made it in from Texarkana. Brian rode up on his newly acquired '15 Trophy. Nice day for a meet/ride and we managed to keep social distance between us and our bikes. We'll see what happens next month.

Great conversation, excellent burger 🍔 and malt, and then a quick ride down FM315 made for a nice Saturday.

The racetrack near houston with track days is MSR. For those who missed the conversation...sorry. Your loss.

I'm getting an early jump on this. As far as I can tell, the airport diner is closed for business. Their facebook page is gone and I can't find a phone # for them.

So it's back to LaPlazita on June 6th (D-Day). I called and their dining room is open. They're usually not crowded for breakfast, and restaurants are allowed 50% of capacity, so our usual group of 4-8 should be OK. They may be seating 4 to a table, I'll check back on that later.

Man I hate to miss this one. Due to my work changing I am not sure how long they will let me stay down here but I am dragging it out as long as possible. I will be back in Illinois on that day. One of my daughters is being to sent on a military assignment lasting a year and we will be having a gathering of family and friends for her. I'll be with you guys in spirit for breakfast. The good Lord willing, I will be leaving the big Burgman and bringing the Triumph back down with me.

If I could impose on y’all what time? I have just returned from a five year absence and need to get back into these type of rides.
Thanks

Man I hate to miss this one. Due to my work changing I am not sure how long they will let me stay down here but I am dragging it out as long as possible. I will be back in Illinois on that day. One of my daughters is being to sent on a military assignment lasting a year and we will be having a gathering of family and friends for her. I'll be with you guys in spirit for breakfast. The good Lord willing, I will be leaving the big Burgman and bringing the Triumph back down with me.

We'll miss seeing you Ken. Hope you can make it it July, we'll keep an eye out for your Trophy. Good luck and safety for your daughter's posting, a big thank you to her for her service.

If I could impose on y’all what time? I have just returned from a five year absence and need to get back into these type of rides.
Thanks

We meet at 8am, hope to see you there.

I hope you can manage to drag it out a while longer, Ken - you're always good company, whatever you ride in on!

I'm in for June 6th with 2 big "IF's": if'n the weather cooperates, and if'n I have a ride by then. I'm currently without wheels but have one in the works.

We'll miss seeing you Ken. Hope you can make it it July, we'll keep an eye out for your Trophy. Good luck and safety for your daughter's posting, a big thank you to her for her service.
I hope you can manage to drag it out a while longer, Ken - you're always good company, whatever you ride in on!
Thanks gents. As much as I have not been a fan of the Texarkana area, the riding within a few hundred miles around and even more, the chance to ride with you all has been great. It was truly a nice thing to ride and eat with folks with similar experiences. (You can read that as a bunch of old guys on bikes :-P) I'm politicking them to leave me here to finish out my last year or so of work for the company so time will tell. Good Lord willing in July I will make it again. I will pass your thanks to my daughter. Out of four kids, two followed me into the Army. I am proud of all of them but to share that part of life with them is pretty great to be able to do that. Ya'll ride safe and I will see you next time.

So, breakfast on Saturday. Gonna get warm later, 95 for the high. Hardly a chance for rain. Current Texas regs allow 6 people per table. More than that then we'll have to yell at each other from 6 foot away. If you want ketchup on your eggs you're gonna have to ask for it.

"Provide condiments only upon request, and in single use (non-reusable) portions."

Last edited:
Ketchup on your eggs??? :nono:
Savages.... I would expect better from an esteemed group such as yourselves..

Mark and all: I hope to make it Saturday. If I remember correctly LaPlazita has outdoor tables out front. Some cover. That might work for us. Hamp W

Is Airport Cafe open? Seems I noticed on another group that it was.

I just Googled Sky's the Limit Cafe in Tyler, TX and found a phone number; I called it and got a recording giving their business hours, which included breakfast all day Saturday. Sounds like they're open - at least the phone number hasn't been deactivated. I'll call again tomorrow and confirm that they are still in business.

I think the “Sky’s the Limit” is in the new terminal but my “google fu” is weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not that it makes any difference to me - I don't have a ride right now, so I'm out for breakfast anyway, but - the Sky's The Limit Cafe in the old terminal building, where we've been meeting for years, is open and ready to serve breakfast on Saturday. I just spoke to them via phone. If anybody wants to switch from La Plazita to the airport, let them know a group is coming. 903-707-2900

So, egg on my face :rolleyes: . I called and the airport diner is open and know we're coming :bigokay: .

Last edited:
Just so I am at the right place at the right time, 8:00 AM at the Airport Cafe?

Inquiring minds want to know....
I was heavy duty involved in getting my oldest girl ready to go away for a year on her first deployment.
How was breakfast? Didja get many bikes?

It was as good as ever, conversation was interesting, good to be back at the airport. Quite a group of bikes (5). Ranging from a Haysbusa to a Ural sidecar.

As far as meeting, yes. The Wings Over Tyler Air Show will be at the airport that day, the place will be packed. I suggest we eat at La Plazita and anyone interested can attend the air show afterwards.

Back