• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

actually, Skip, if you're in a restaurant, eating or waiting, you're exempt.

Just pulled in: a nice morning ride, enjoyed the change of scenery and a couple of new bikes!
Hamp W

Mark trying out my ‘66:
1593876164078.jpeg

East Texas Corvette Club meeting there Saturday. Don't know how crowd size will be handled. I, unfortunately, will not be able to attend. Had to haul my bike in to repair my screw-up.

I've gotten 4+ inches of rain at my house in the last 12 hours. But it's gonna great for Saturday. Forecast says 69 for the morning under partly cloudy skies and 87 for the high. Don't get much better than that in early September. Called the diner, they're set up for us.

BTW, this one will be the 10th anniversary of the first meet (way) back in September, 2010. Man, to put in perspective I've acquired 4 bikes, traded in one, and totaled one since then.

Last edited:
I've gotten 4+ inches of rain at my house in the last 12 hours. But it's gonna great for Saturday. Forecast says 69 for the morning under partly cloudy skies and 87 for the high. Don't get much better than that in early September. Called the diner, they're set up for us.

BTW, this one will be the 10th anniversary of the first meet (way) back in September, 2010. Man, to put in perspective I've acquired 4 bikes, traded in one, and totaled one since then.
Hey Mark.
I did not know it had been going on so long. I am sorry to say I will not be there for this one. I am still in Illinois for another week and then back to Texarkana. Ya'll have fun there. Ride safe and get a few pics of the crowd.

Not sure I can get a kitchen pass for Saturday, got outta town family coming, plus I've got a rear tire to get changed out before Saturday, which I think I can do Friday.
Game time decision if the kitchen pass is granted.

Oh, and in 10 years, I can't count the number of bikes that have graced my garage. I'd have to go back to the photo logs and review. Seriously.

Mark,

Unfortunately, I can’t make the 10th anniversary breakfast this Saturday.

I did look back through this thread to see when I began attending. I inquired about the meet on September 18, 2010, and said on September 27, 2010, that I was going to the NTNOA rally and might stop for breakfast on my way. If I did, October will make 10 years for me. If I didn’t, then I was definitely there for the November 2010 breakfast because I recalled freezing while riding to Shreveport afterward for the Red River BMW club meeting.

Anyway, I’ll try to make breakfast in October and celebrate then.

-Jeff

I'll be there and will also be bringing along a "first timer" (really cool Guzzi).

Great, glad y'all can come. I plan on riding in on the Aprilia. We might have a major Italian motorcycle meet going on if Bill makes it on his Stelvio :rider:

Each year The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride is held on the last Sunday in September, in hundreds of cities worldwide, to create awareness for men's health. This year due to the Covid 19 outbreak, the event is proceeding as a "solo" event. So why not do a ride here?
Please go to Facebook and search "Ride Dapper Tyler" for info. Or go to my page, David Cranford, for link.

It looks like the Norton rally has been cancelled, but the gathering of TURDs looks like it is still on.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

It looks like the Norton rally has been cancelled, but the gathering of TURDs looks like it is still on.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Things have really gone down the toilet when only the TURDs are still game for a gathering (sorry, really pad pun, couldn't resist) ;-)

Keep us posted on date and whether it's staying on schedule.

Back