• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

Great weather is timed almost perfectly with the first days of fall. Saturday morning shows 53F with sunny skies and a high of 77. I'll have to dig out some warm stuff.

I went with Glenn and Skip a couple weeks ago for the ET BMW Plus ride to the Pickett House restaurant in Woodville. It was 55F at my house when I left for the meet up location for the ride down. I had my thermal vest and rain liner in my mesh jacket. I was on the Shiver, so not much wind protection. I actually got a little cold, man that was a fanatastic feeling after the summer.

Breakfast at 8 Saturday? I can’t stay real long but definitely going to be there for a quick bite and say hello. Have some fun updates for all of you.
B26E0676-1CEA-46C9-B8CB-217F270496EF.jpeg
2C44145B-62F0-4907-B229-7FF42B8F2B97.jpeg
29CFE528-9447-49C8-A187-773C59FEDC8F.jpeg

Great to see everyone today, even a small group is good. Especially over omelette and a few cups of coffee.

I'll be at the diner this coming Saturday. This'll make my 3rd bike gathering in a week. Met with some riders last Saturday at Tiffanys at Lake Fork, pie was good!. Tonight is the ET BMW Plus thing, get to add some scrub miles on the new tires for the V-Strom.

Just got back from the breakfast. Interesting meet this time. At first just 4 of us showed up, then a fifth and a sixth rider pulled in, That's about a normal turnout. As we pulled off gear and made greetings we spotted 6 riders in a line on Hwy 64 about to pull into the airport driveway. They pulled in the parking lot and got us up to a even dozen, a big turnout.

Quite a crew of bikes also. American, Italian, German, Japanese; cruisers, adventure tourers, sport tourers, tourers:
Breakfast 1.jpg

and a 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 S:
Breakfast 2.jpg

an awesome day for it too!

Gonna be brisk, good time to test the electric gear, with decent skies. I plan to be there.

Sorry I missed Saturday. Hopefully I’ll be there next month.

It’s gonna be a brisk Saturday morning, but no rain forecasted. If I get ambitious enough I’ll install the heated grip wraps on the Strom. Definitely gonna dig out the heated vest. Looking forward to seeing anyone who comes out.

My attendance will be predicated on Jessica's schedule. She's at UT Health... AVM surgery was Wednesday. If it looks like she'll be discharged in the morning, I'll be occupied there.

Ran late, then a dead battery,... will try again next month. If anyone is out and about the coffee is on at the dealership. Only a couple bikes right now but I'd love to share a cup with you if you want to come through Brownsboro.

Attachments

• Logo With Phone.jpg
    Logo With Phone.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 158
Sorry you couldn't make it Brian. We had 4 show up. Kinda cold but electrics made it better. Hope you make it next month.

I'm down and therefore out - shipped my seat off to get a foam upgrade and haven't got it back yet. So unless I take the cage, I'll see y'all down the road, maybe next month.

Next Saturday (March 7?) looks to be perfect for a breakfast ride.

Don't think I am going to make it this month, but for future reference where is the current location you are meeting?

Back