• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

"As much as I'd like to show up and socialize, I'm currently "between bikes" and I'd find it awkward to come in the cage. Perhaps next month."

So you've sold your Triumph, congrats.

I got the heated grips installed yesterday, the wrap-around type from Oxford. Last night's ride was cool enough to try them out, they got hot! Between that and my heated vest it won't be so bad riding to the diner tomorrow morning, 34 for the low tonite.

No. Triumph hasn't sold. I spoke with dealer in Plano... may take it there to let them sell.
Mark was referring to my earlier post that MY Triumph sold - and it did so in only one week. GL with yours if it's for sale. It took 6 months to sell my Bonneville a few years ago, but it finally sold on Ebay to a gentleman from Kentucky, who came to get it in East Texas and rode it home.

New to Longview. Howdy. Is this a first Saturday of each month gig?
Just moved back to Texas from SoCal and I’m looking for dirt riders/Adv riders/ DS riders in the Longview/Tyler area.

Glad to have you here in Longview.

Yes, it is the first Saturday of each month.

Give me a holler if you want to talk motorcycle and need a place to hang out.

Glad to have you here in Longview.

Yes, it is the first Saturday of each month.

Give me a holler if you want to talk motorcycle and need a place to hang out.
10-4 I’m actually in Gladewater at my in-laws until we buy a house. Definitely need to find the local places to ride. I’ve visited Barnwell Mt. In Gilmer.
Yeats ago we lived in Pflugerville (No. Austin and there were a couple few places we could ride locally with no issue from the PoPo. I’ll be riding the Sam Houston Forrest quite a bit, but will need a local fix. I missed the guys this morning riding out near Marshall. But maybe I can get those GPX tracks.

It's the morning of Friday, Dec. 3rd, and no chatter about breakfast this month, which is - tomorrow! Anybody in? I'm a probable this month, I'm no longer "between bikes", but it will be a game-time decision based on WX. Will I be alone?

I had planned on being there for my first one. But I’m meeting a couple of TWT’s at Barnwell Mt. I’ll have to make it to the next one, next year!

Photo for effect!

Attachments

• FDC2831B-4B57-4B59-B779-D874BD2BF89E.jpeg
    FDC2831B-4B57-4B59-B779-D874BD2BF89E.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 106
Saturday is the New Year! So we're looking at 365 days of potential riding. Weather is kinda dodgy, forecast shows possible AM showers. If raining I'll come in the truck, gotta celebrate NYD with some diner breakfast.

Thanks for checking Robert. I'll check with our usual backup, La Plazita, tomorrow to see if they're open on NYD. If not, as Brian, said Cracker Barrel and Denny's (there's one in Lindale also) are open.

Called La Plazita, they're closed till Jan 3rd. Weather is not cooperating, 80% chance of thunderstorms at 8am. I call Cracker Barrel and I'll be there if anyone interested in braving the wet, no shame in using 4 wheels, I'll be in my truck.

Back