• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

Reaction score
I'm not a pilot, but I am an aircraft buff.

I keep thinking about making the weekly breakfast gathering at the Blue Hanger at the Northwest Regional Airport. But it's about a two hour ride from my place, meaning I'd have to leave around 6am to make the 8am gathering time.

Maybe something more local can be organized.

About 15 minutes west of my place is the Tyler Pounds Regional Airport. I worked there in the mid 70's as part of the grounds maintenance crew.

A few years ago the city of Tyler built a new terminal and, except for the air traffic control tower, left the old terminal vacant. The Historic Aviation Museum (www.tylerhamm.org) now occupies the terminal along with the SkyLine Cafe (http://www.skylinecafe.org/).

I'm going to start having breakfast at the SkyLine Cafe the first Saturday of the month, beginning September 4, at 8am. Anyone interested in joining is more than welcome. Look for either my blue Triumph Sprint ST or black Suzuki Bandit 1250 in the parking lot.

SkyLine Cafe location:

150 Airport Drive, Tyler 75704
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport, Old Terminal Bldg
Hwy 64 West
903-593-7455
Latitude: 32-21-14.9000N
Longitude: 095-24-08.5900W
Local Weather: http://www.weatherreports.com/<_Tyler_TX_>?units=f

MAP: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=S...itude=-95.399779&geocode=ADDRESS&id=266128283

Good idea, Mark. I'll try to join you.
However, if you want to try for the Northwest airport get-together, 6 a.m. is not too early for me to meet you in Lindale.

Good idea Mark. What red blooded male doesn't like airplanes, especially the ones with a piston engine.

Good idea, Mark. I'll try to join you.
However, if you want to try for the Northwest airport get-together, 6 a.m. is not too early for me to meet you in Lindale.

That's a deal, Bill. I'm just eating at SkyLine the first monthly Saturday.

Let's ride out when it's really cooled off, like in October. No more hot weather runs for me, like the one we did to Godley, I'm wussed out for the year :giveup: :lol2:

Good idea Mark. What red blooded male doesn't like airplanes, especially the ones with a piston engine.

So true Glen. My favorite aircraft date from WWII, the era of the last great piston-powered fighters.

If I don't go dirt riding with Thomas and others Sat morning, I may see y'all there.

:flip:I might even bring the DRZ since I got it plated today.

I didn't eat at the restaurant, but I did enjoy the museum a few weeks ago. :clap:

Looks like I will be there in the truck. I am going to bring my son, I think he will like looking at the planes. We may not show up till 8:30 since the museum doesn't open till 10.

oops. having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it is already september. sorry i missed you.

We were saving you a seat Bill, then Luis showed up and took it :lol2:

Man it was so cool (both temp and attitude) this morning. Felt great wearing leather instead of mesh. Also got to see Luis' new Triumph Scrambler.

Had a great time at breakfast. Afterwards I had to take advantage of the awesome weather so I rode out to Canton before heading back to palestine.

So, is this a weekly meeting or a monthly meeting? Is anyone meeting this morning?

-Jeff

First Saturday of each month per the O/P.... Next one should be October 2nd.

Yeah, I was too lazy to make this a weekly thing :lol2: But anyone's welcome to turn it into that.

Hope you can make it out to the upcoming one Jeff, regular cool weather might be in the forecast as we move into October. I'd look forward to you riding your Bonnie. If Luis rides out on his Scrambler, and with me on my Sprint, we'd have a mini-Triumph rally going. :rider:

I'd look forward to you riding your Bonnie. If Luis rides out on his Scrambler, and me on my Sprint, we'd have a mini-Triumph rally going. :rider:

I do, too. Unfortunatly, life has gotten in the way of it's restoration and I need to finish assembling her, which is my goal by 1Q11. My girlfriend was telling me today about all the upcoming fall festivals in East Texas with car and bike shows that would be ideal vintage Triumph destinations, but I'll have to suffer with the Duc or Beemer for now.

-Jeff

mrskids / Luis(?),

Is that you I see commuting south on TX-155 around 5 PM during the week? This week, I have seen what appears to be a green Triumph Scrambler heading south, while I commute north from Palestine to Tyler. If so, I look forward to meeting you in person at one of the upcoming events.

-Jeff

mrskids / Luis(?),

Is that you I see commuting south on TX-155 around 5 PM during the week? This week, I have seen what appears to be a green Triumph Scrambler heading south, while I commute north from Palestine to Tyler. If so, I look forward to meeting you in person at one of the upcoming events.

-Jeff

Could be him. He usually takes 155 in but usually doesn't leave work till after 6 which would put him in Palestine around 6:45. However if your sure its a green Triumph Scrambler, there's a good chance its him. I haven't seen any others around here yet.

If you ride the BMW then we will have our usual mini BMW rally. If you feel like being different ride the Duc.

Giving this a bump.

This coming Saturday is the first one for October. I'll be at breakfast at 8am, my son Cameron might be with me.

Weather looks good, morning low of 56 with a high of 78 and clear skies.

Gosh it's nice to drag the leather gear out from the back of the closet :bigokay:

Mark

I'll try my best to join you - Saturday morning

And if anyone is interested - maybe ride over to the Norton Cycle show by Lake of the Pines

I'm going to join you for breakfast Saturday. Look forward to riding with temps in the 50s!

Very true...but the ones with the big-ole "round" engines are absolutey THE CATS' MEOW.

Here's a pic of my Old Girlfriend...MEOW....Too expensive to keep but Fun while it lasted...;-)

Picturesfromoldcomputer013.jpg

Back