• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: 1st Tuesday TARA Meet, Greet, Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Shaddock
Hey TARA rider,

Starting Tuesday, June 7th 2022, at 7:00 pm, and every first Tuesday of the month, we'll be meeting up at Onion Creek in the heights.

Onion Creek Coffee House, Bar and Lounge
(713) 880-070

Parking lot is located behind the restaurant, look for the big white circus tent to park under. Room for at least 25 bikes.

They will be providing a circus tent for us to park under, a designated spot on the outdoor patio, and complimentary tea and water. Tuesday is also open mic night indoors with an eclectic mix of heights area local musicians who come to show their stuff. This will be evergreen, every first Tuesday of the month.

In addition to all of our friends getting together, this is a great opportunity for new riders to come meet the guys who ride with TARA and have a chance to ask questions in person. Also a good chance to share mechanical knowledge, bike setup, and to see other people's rigs in person. All newcomers are welcome. This is a very informal event, centered on camaraderie and friendship.

Around 9:00, all sober riders will be invited to a heights downtown cruise, and we will reconvene at another interesting spot to be determined. If you haven't spent much time downtown there's quite a bit to do here and hopefully we can help each other find the better spots.

Peter

Attachments

• PXL_20220603_175920454.jpg
    PXL_20220603_175920454.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 135
  • PXL_20220603_175939891.jpg
    PXL_20220603_175939891.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20220603_175943715.jpg
    PXL_20220603_175943715.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 128
  • PXL_20220603_180016105.jpg
    PXL_20220603_180016105.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 129
  • PXL_20220603_181616111.jpg
    PXL_20220603_181616111.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hmmmmm roughly 3 hrs one way to get there..... may make one of these soon.

Do y'all coordinate somewhere else too? Expecting a good turnout?
This was our first attempt. We're here at Onion Creek for the near term. Great food, good choice of craft beers, huge patio, circus tent for covered bike parking, giant fans, cool crowd, open mike night inside for very local flavor of music. In the heart of the heights. Central location so we all suffer an easy reverse commute from the burbs.

Interested, but what is TARA? I get that it is the Texas Adventure Riders Association, but please bring me up to speed. Thank you.
Navigate to the top of the thread and look at Texas Adventure Riders link. Here is Rich's description.

In short, this is just a group of friends, ever growing, who love dual sporting and adventure riding and all of motorcycling I guess. Principal activities include uncles around the bend rally interling with each spring, a hill country ride in May, a few Mexico trips per year, and an occasional Arkansas trip. Also, the members are always getting together for impromptu rides all over Texas and beyond.

Last night, 4 bikes, 11 riders, good times 7 to midnight.

Sean and Angie (Husky 701)
Ilias and Huirick caged
Jimmy D and Michael L (Bmw12's)
Pat caged
Peter S(haddock) Mextrekadv
Peter S(eltz) aka Petie
Curtis Pelo Loco Rocky Racoon
Colin F (multistrada)

I feel I'm missing someone....

It was just too hot for me. I baked on the way home from work. Didn't feel great afterwards. Want up for the long ride down and sitting outside in 90°+ heat. Maybe when riding season starts back up again in November...

Good to hear the inaugural event was a success. I'd love to join but, like William Wolfen said, 'it was just too hot for me.' And, making it from Cypress to the Heights is an adventure unto itself.

Any chance the meeting locations might move a bit west? Or north?

Last edited:
Is anyone attending tonight? I know Peter is out of town and it looks like almost zero chatter here so wondering if anyone is actually going (i.e. might just be a post holiday-weekend lull).

Wow got back in Houston just in time. I'lle be there.

Had 6 riders at Onion Creek last night: Ramon (KTM 890; knows MX well; Father lives in SMA), Frank (Royal Enfield; new to Houston from LA), Fugi (DRZ 400) Pat (KTM 530) “Donkey Punch” Sean & Me. Fugi & Ramon both sounded keen to join the Oct MexTrek.

This is happening again today, December 6th, first Tuesday of the month for the Houston chapter TARS enthusiast and friends. All bike riders welcome. Especially those who want to take their motorcycles to Mexico someday. Lol

Back