• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2/22/20 Murphy's Adventure Ride

The Synth is in! Prepare to be amazed at how slowly one man can ride! Amazing feats of stoppage to take pics of bushes, trees and non-exotic animals. (Barking dogs excluded!)

Reactions: my6
Checked plans and won’t be able to make it. Have fun!
Sorry to hear! Enjoy your weekend!

Everyone, I just discovered a slight error in the original post. Meetup tube is 0930, not 0900. Departure is still planned for 1000.

I am not going to make it.
Have a good time.

Going to make it after all.
See everyone in Bellville.

Made it in! Yep great ride. Good to see everyone again and meet a new person as well. Also, Murphy's Steakhouse had the biggest 6oz steak I've ever seen in my life. Something wrong with their scales! Why can't more places have that type of problem?

Made it in! Yep great ride. Good to see everyone again and meet a new person as well. Also, Murphy's Steakhouse had the biggest 6oz steak I've ever seen in my life. Something wrong with their scales! Why can't more places have that type of problem?
If you swap out that 450 headlight/tail break to a low voltage LED would that help out? Just a thought

If you swap out that 450 headlight/tail break to a low voltage LED would that help out? Just a thought
I doubt it....would be marginal at best. The factory stator only supplies 30 watts for battery charging. A decent lumens LED is gonna be about 15-20 watts....not sure on the tail light. Plus the bike has a fan kit. I could disconnect, but it's hot here in the summer and I might be in stop and go traffic. There are several Stator kit upgrades for the DC conversion that was done. The kits are around 200 bucks. I think that's probably worth it.

Thanks for getting it started. That was a good place for lunch, too.
Good meeting you guys.

I had a great time.
Thank for organizing Ian. Great roads. I think I am getting old as the vibration of the KTM is starting to bother me after a day of riding.
I am still miffed about getting a much larger steak than I ordered and being charged for the small steak price. Ha! (back story - three of us ordered the smallest steak 6 oz. they must have been out of them as we got one that covered our plate)

I had a great time.
Thank for organizing Ian. Great roads. I think I am getting old as the vibration of the KTM is starting to bother me after a day of riding.

Don't say that! You know I'm trying to decide whether to continue with this 450 exc Project. 😳 I watched RTWPaul's new video last night about all his mods and got encouraged again. Funny we were talking about him at lunch.

I had a great time.
I am still miffed about getting a much larger steak than I ordered and being charged for the small steak price. Ha! (back story - three of us ordered the smallest steak 6 oz. they must have been out of them as we got one that covered our plate)
Dan, you know this means it's time for a new modern bike

It's 2020 already you know!

Saw a video of a guy cruising along at 160km/h (India) on a Adventure 390 .... I've got to give it a bit more respect now. Thats 100mph which is faster than I ride. I got up to 80 a couple times on the way home before I noticed and slowed down. Don't want any tickets!!!

Back