• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2000 DR-Z400S SOLD LOCALLY

Someone should snatch that up pretty quick I would imagine. You cant find many used DRZ's out there. Looks like a great bike at a great price! I love mine.

Someone should snatch that up pretty quick I would imagine. You cant find many used DRZ's out there. Looks like a great bike at a great price! I love mine.

You should consider buying it, pulling all the goodies off and onto your DRZ and then reselling it for $2K.

You'd be money ahead.

If my cash flow situation was better right now, I would do about this.

You read where it is an E frame with S stuff? You could make it yellow. You can also kick start it. AND! You could put your E-cams into her and Bob's your Uncle.

You read where it is an E frame with S stuff? You could make it yellow. You can also kick start it. AND! You could put your E-cams into her and Bob's your Uncle.
I did see that. However, with the wife having two surgeries and not working, I can't be buying anything right now. Maybe some Brembo MC but that'd be a stretch. Heck, there is going to be a CRF230F for sale here soon since she isn't going to be riding for a while.

Im pretty happy with where my DRZ is at the moment. I do need to get a larger capacity tank a some point.

Doug I'm curious. Whats the size of the rear sprocket you have on this bike and are those 50/50 tires?

I just verified it is indeed a 47 tooth rear. The tires are more 70/30 (70 street) and do pretty well in the dirt. I thought they were the business until I ran the knobbies in the dirt and was pleasantly surprised at the improvement. I do like seeing the gas level in the tank, but if I had to choose I would stick with the smaller tank as I can't sit on it much more than a 100 miles at a pop without a walkaround. YMMV

I would stick with the smaller tank as I can't sit on it much more than a 100 miles at a pop without a walkaround. YMMV
You can still do the 100 mile walk around with the bigger tank, but the bigger tank will get you to the gas station when in the middle of nowhere Arkansas and the next three towns don't have gas stations.

You can still do the 100 mile walk around with the bigger tank, but the bigger tank will get you to the gas station when in the middle of nowhere Arkansas and the next three towns don't have gas stations.

Again, how did you get to Arkansas riding a DR-Z? That would be some stamina right there, buddy.

Yea, well, the SM is thirsty when flogging it in the mountains. And when it died WAY before usual, and I had to flip to reserve I started riding super easy. Made it to the next town, and no gas stations. Limped to the next town and no gas stations. Was the third or fourth town that finally had gas and I was happy because I was pretty sure it wouldn't make it to another one. Big tank would have let me coast through all those towns and back to the cabin.

So, to summarize, a big tank allows you to be lazy about your trip planning...hee hee.

A big tank allows you to twist the throttle more and worry less. But yes, that could be lazy too.

For those of us who like to explore, some amongst us have learned too much gas is always preferable to not quite enough. Route charts, plans and such are for zoot suited city fellers on Adv bikes. Remember, its supposed to be an adventure! :eek2: ;-)

For those of us who like to explore, some amongst us have learned too much gas is always preferable to not quite enough. Route charts, plans and such are for zoot suited city fellers on Adv bikes. Remember, its supposed to be an adventure! :eek2: ;-)
Go easy on Doug, his idea of an adventure is whether or not his knee pucks will last the day, not so much the gas tank. He's getting his FZ1 set up for a bona fide real trip that is further away than lunch. We are working to get him there, but the baby steps approach is tough to get anywhere for an old geezer like Doug. :D

If I were buying it, the tank would be a selling point to me.

Go easy on Doug, his idea of an adventure is whether or not his knee pucks will last the day, not so much the gas tank. He's getting his FZ1 set up for a bona fide real trip that is further away than lunch. We are working to get him there, but the baby steps approach is tough to get anywhere for an old geezer like Doug. :D

If I were buying it, the tank would be a selling point to me.

Dougie and I went on a 100 mile loop AFTER lunch.
Complained about his hip and hand the whole time.
Sucks witnessing someone age before your eyes.

Us old guys have to stand up and complain. I did almost drop the FZ at a stop sign because I couldn't get her out of gear. It only hurts, everything still works.

Back