• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold---2002 Honda ST1100, now $2000!!! Lake Charles, LA

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
Edit: The bike is now sold.

You would be hard pressed to find a better example of a 2002 Honda ST1100. The plastics are in extraordinary shape, the paint is very good, and it is mechanically sound. It has run smooth and strong for the two years I have owned it and never given me any problems. I would not hesitate to take it on a cross country trip tomorrow. There is an aftermarket seat on it, a Russell I think, and a tall windshield that go with the sale. Color matched tail case.

I am located in Lake Charles, LA.

Now $2000!

Send me a text first and I'll call between appointments. Joel Sims

She's beautiful and I will miss her.

Attachments

• 20210114_141300.jpg
    20210114_141300.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 20210114_141320.jpg
    20210114_141320.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
I'd love that bike, but my three Valkyries and two Groms take up my whole stall of the garage!

I hadn't posted on stowners.
I am a member there, so I'll do that now.

I've owned 3 and would have bought this one had I not just picked up a mint 10K mile 2009 RT. Even when I sold BMWs I was not shy about telling folks when they asked, that my favorite bike of all time is the ST1100. Still is.... I rode one to work more often than my beautiful GSA.

Price drop. My bottom line is $2000, so that's the new price. No haggle pricing.

You know you want to.

Price drop. My bottom line is $2000, so that's the new price. No haggle pricing.

You know you want to.
Yes, I want to.

But... already had this discussion with my wife, I only need 1 bike at a time.
I do love the Honda V-4 engines though, ever since my '84 VF500.

Is this an ABS model?

I'm going to Baton Rouge this weekend. I can be a delivery rider if it helps get the deal done:rider:

Somebody buy this as it's a great deal. This ride is near perfect for a traveling. The weight goes away when your feet hit the pegs; the 1100 V4 is as smooth as it gets; the bags hold more than you would think as they tuck into the wheel well (don't know why this isn't the case with designs today) and make the bike more narrow; and Honda reliability. I still miss mine but two bikes in the garage are all that I have time to ride and maintain. GLWS

I'd like to buy it but wife says only one at a time and is forcing me to sell my GSA now since I picked up an RT. That said, yesterday in organizing and preparing to sell excess motorcycle gear, I discovered she had (6), yes six different, very nice temperature controllers for heated gear. I don't even want to count the pairs of shoes she has. Sheesh, and I'm held to one bike now...

I have never owned or ridden an ST100 but have owned an ST1300. Does the 1100 put out as much heat as the 1300?

The heat has never bothered me, but I've never ridden a 1300 so I can't really answer your question.

The 1300's were storied to have heat problems (although nothing like FJRs). I rode many miles on one and never noticed a heat problem. However, the 1100's were always cooler the 1300's and although the panels in front of your knee would get hot to the touch, it was no big deal and never noticed while riding.

I have never owned or ridden an ST100 but have owned an ST1300. Does the 1100 put out as much heat as the 1300?
I've ridden two ST1100s for about 150k miles and have about 5k miles on an '07 ST1300, much of it in the summer. There is no uncomfortable heat from the ST1100. There is significant uncomfortable heat from the ST1300 I've ridden. I commute on my MC and there's no way I could commute on that specific ST1300. The ST1300's heat issues seem to be very bike and rider dependent. There are some things you can do to reduce the heat (TB sync, different oil, air flow management), but reported results vary.

I sure hope someone buys this soon. I do NOT have room for a sixth bike.......................

Back