• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2003 Mini Cooper S

A teenage girl who turns her nose up at a cute small car? :brainsnap

My kid turns 16 tomorrow and he's happy driving anything that runs.

th_DSCN0918_zps13324c3b.jpg

Not sure about the Miata, had a friend with one and it never really did it for me the Mini is a hoot drove it out to the Harvest classic today as I had my Father in Law in tow and enjoyed the drive through the hills

Man, i was there most of the day. Coulda checked out the mini. You don't happen to have some time tomorrow for me to check it out?

I am doing some work in South Austin tomorrow and then driving through again on Wednesday on my way to Dallas

I get between 28 and 32 driving enjoyably. Driving as if I was paying for my fuel I have gotten 34-35

Trust me the 3-5 mpg by driving like an old man are not worth it too many grins the other way

It is a great compliment to the Sprint. Mine is pretty dang close in color too.

It is funny to me when a kid says, "Dad, I don't want that free car you have." My parents gave me a 1965 Plymouth Fury III Wagon, I loved it, it was mine. Different times. There are advantages. I gave my daughter a 2002 Civic with a 5 speed, none of her friends and her husband, initially, drove a standard. She also said it was hard to text and drive it, so she usually didn't. She kept it for 7 yrs and just traded it last yr on a Nissan something or other. Can't go wrong with the Mini, reliable, PAID FOR, and she could drive it if she really wanted a car.
Just saying....

I also gave my daughter 3 motorcycles. She got her license when she was 15, that worked out well.

she had her choice of one of the 3 vehicles we have

she chose a Gmc Acadia over the mini which I understood over my 300K mile dodge Ram but I had always assumed when I brought the mini home between my wife and daughter I would never get to drive it

turns out neither are small car fans

daughter has taken over the Acadia wife has comandeered my truck not exactly to my plan. but I enyoy driving the mini as it is one if the most fun cars I have ever owned

As for texting and driving we monitor her phone any texts found during driving time and all vehicle privelages vanish. My wide is testing a few of the different apps that kill the phone while it is in motion as well. Young drivers today have enough to worry about compared to when I started driving

Honestly not sure, I still have it, but after the last two round trips to Dallas one late last week and after just rolling in after a drive up Sunday, I may elect to keep it as it is so enjoyable to drive.

I am going to think on it for a couple of days

I still have it. There are a couple of interested parties, but honestly I have been so busy with work I have not really put any effort into selling it.

I may be in Plano next week, if so you are welcome to take a look at it

Great. Let me know. I'll be out of state Monday and Tuesday, but more than happy to look at it and perhaps buy it. It's in the range I am looking for.

Well next week may be one of my typical triangle travel weeks.

Start in SA work my way to Dallas then off to Houston then back to NB not sure if it will be a clockwise or counterclockwise trip yet as I am waiting for a customer confirmation before I complete my schedule

Back