• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale 2004 DL650 SOLD!!!

Downs

Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
I really don't ride as much as I used to, family, kids, work, other projects. I'll for sure be keeping the GS1000 around as it has too much sentimental value to get rid of.

I have 4 bikes in the garage and my tanks of fuel are measured in months now :tears: I've made the decision to off load nearly everything in there and put the money towards a project CJ of whatever vintage or a YJ Wrangler. I'd love to get my hands on an old MB.......

Anywho, here we go. Up for sell is my 2004 VSTROM 650. It's been though alot with me since I picked it up about 7 years ago. Bike has been garage kept as much as possible and under a canvas cover when not able to be stored in a garage.

I have mostly complete records (mix of paper and electronic) going back to Apr 2013 when the bike had 29,000 miles. It currently has 80,200ish. I'm sure I missed recording a few service and parts in that time frame. I also have a few oil analysis results with the last one from March 2018.
  • It's no longer the original blue due to trail scratches and has been shot with a desert type camo scheme of my own doing.
  • Stock exhaust that has had the "pea shooter" removed
  • Tusk ATV bars
  • Ram x-grip on right side of bar, RAM finger grip on left side.
  • NMO mount on back right corner of bike for HAM radio antenna with coax ran to the left handlebar mount.
  • There is a RAM ball mount behind the windscreen for a GPS. Haven't used it in a long time but it's still there.
  • LED aux lights (one spot one flood) mounted on a bar but I can't remember the brand right off. Was a guy on STROMTROOPER. The lights are just some Amazon ones but work pretty well. They are wired to a relay which is activated via the stock hi beam switch.
  • Seat Concepts seat
  • GIVI side and top rack with GIVI E340 top case, and E21 side cases
  • Tires are basically new with a few hundred miles on them, Michelin Anakee IIIs. I put them on with anticipation of more commuting on this bike. I also have a set of Shinko 804/805 brand new wrapped in garbage bags in my garage rafters that you will get with the bike.
  • Tuturo auto chain oiler
  • SW Motech crash bars. Been welded back together in one spot
  • Steel Skid plate. Forget the manufacturer but it's pretty nice and I put it on right before I moved back to Texas from California.
  • Heated Grips
  • Grippy Pegs
  • Sure there are some things I'm forgetting but that should be most of it.
Asking price-2500 dollars

I'll leave it posted here for a few weeks before posting else where. I'll miss it for sure but I dont' want it to languish in my garage not being ridden either.

Great paint job. Mine is still red. Great bikes.

Back