• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale SOLD 2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS SOLD

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
This bike has 9700 miles and going up. Just did all the maintenance, probably will get an oil change shortly. Valve clearances checked, belts adjusted, new K&N air filter just installed. Michelin Pilot Power 2 I think are the tires. Has a 46 liter Givi box and the rack for the tail. Optional windshield too, bike cover and service manual. All three keys,owners manual, some service history and an information book as well. This bike is really clean and runs and rides well. Good on maintenance to 12000 miles when a belt change will be due and valve check can probably push to 18k. This is a nice bike, priced well and I am still pretty amazed how nice it is. Service indicator is also reset.

As always, I will entertain offers and trades will be considered.

IMG_7374.JPG

IMG_7062.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

IMG_7065.JPG

IMG_7067.JPG

IMG_7124.JPG

Last edited:
I fell for the interweb hoopla about how Ducatis were a **** to work on.
They are actually quite, quite simple and have the most comprehensive and easy to follow service manual I've ever seen.

Don't be afraid of these Ducatis.

Welcome back Reasonable Mitch! LOL. Actually, once we were able to understand the valve clearance specs we discovered it was pretty simple.

So, is there a problem with this scooter I don't know about? Is the price wrong, or is there just low interest in a Multi? Just curious as to your thoughts.

It’s a pretty niche bike that most overlook unless it’s dirt cheap. My 2003 with the hard luggage, Termis, and a few extras eventually sold for $3500. It was older with 10k more miles, so your price is pretty spot on.

I had it posted here for a few weeks and finally had my wife put it on Facebook where it went in a few days. There’s just a lot more eyeballs there I guess.

Nothing wrong, except I still have one child on the payroll (even though he moved out 6 months ago). (See my response to the two Connies listed above). :doh:

So, is there a problem with this scooter I don't know about? Is the price wrong, or is there just low interest in a Multi? Just curious as to your thoughts.

I would think the pricing on this scooter would appeal to just your group sir, folks that don't have a lot of money, but want a solid scooter.

It's cold outside and it's an ugly motorcycle. :D

Doesn't matter that it's a sweet ride I guess.

LoL :rofl:
In Doug’s defense, so is an R-22 or R-44 helicopter
but, its everything you want in a helicopter
and they sell them by the boat load.

You know, I can just ride it and enjoy it. But it may be neglected if she stays, but I am sure she will be well maintained. Biggest thing I hear is folks are worried about the maintenance. Don't understand that as these things are like working on a lawn mower simple. But, there you go. I will keep it rather than give it away.

Why remove? Just know your price, leave it up and wait for the right buyer.

Just let it ride. The right buyer will come along. Just don't get anxious.
If you want room in your shop, put a couple in your trailer. Put a couple more in my trailer.

If you need the space and don't trust Mitch, I'll let you park it over here. You know I've given two back already. Although, in those cases we let money change hands which meant the government got their cut, "Storing" it at my place is much cheaper and keeps cash away from "The man." :D

Never rode the 1000, but the engine in my ‘08 hypermotard 1100 is my favorite engine of all time. It pulls like a freight train from idle to redline! Wheelies in the first four gears are as easy as twisting the throttle.

Never rode an 1100, I may have ridden an 1100 Hypermotard. These bikes are kind of "peppy" but I think it is like 80-90 hp or so. Definitely pulls nice and shifts like butta'

Back