• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2006 F150 4x4 with issues

ntklr650

Matt6:34
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
Just wanted to throw this out and see if there is any interest. It is as is and I honestly don't know what all is wrong with it.

First off it is a ranch truck and has been used like one. Since I got it I have replaced the vvt solenoids, cam position sensors, 5 out of 8 coil connectors, repaired a damaged O2 sensor wire, and front axle vacuum lines.

Here is what it is doing. When it's started cold it run great, I can drive it 30 miles and it may or may not have any issues. If it has issues, it will start to rough idle and may clear up after acceleration or at worse it may die. It starts up ever time but it is frustrating.

Asking $3600 firm.
IMG_20200912_185332494.jpg

If memory serves, on some of the 5.4 engines with VVT(not sure what years) that had similar symptoms, there were 2 VVT sensors, 1 on the front of the each valve cover you could unplug and it would run ok without it but the check engine light would stay on.

That's the one. I have had to to that to get home. I may try to get it to. Mechanic and see what they say.

The first few years of that 3v 5.4 were not the best.
My brother in law has one that still runs, but has some major issues (there is a ton of metal flakes in the filter when I cut it open).

Have the plugs been changed?

After reading the thread title, I thought he was selling a rough idle. I thought man I don't have a 2006 F-150 but if I did a rough idle would be the cat's meow! I would have bought it immediately!

Back