• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 bandit HID headlight problem

Reaction score
Just pickup a 07 bandit and the previous owner put a HID headlight kit in it. The low beam works great but the high beam is nothing. The high beam comes on but its nothing like it should be. Just throwing this question out there to see if anyone has had something similar happen. I haven't had time to trouble shoot it and I'm not all that familiar with HID anyway.

I just bought a 07 Bandit. I put a led headlight kit in it. It had the orig lights on it and the high beam was really dim like it had a bad bulb or something. It had the correct volts going to it but the bulb was bad. I replaced the bulbs and it worked fine. I can look up the lights i bought if your thinking about going led's. I also changed out the side bulbs and all works great. Did not half to do any wire mods. These led's i installed are great and are night and day difference from the factory lights. Shoot me a pm if you might want these part numbers. I bought them on e-bay.

Dean 07 zuki

I just bought a 07 Bandit. I put a led headlight kit in it. It had the orig lights on it and the high beam was really dim like it had a bad bulb or something. It had the correct volts going to it but the bulb was bad. I replaced the bulbs and it worked fine. I can look up the lights i bought if your thinking about going led's. I also changed out the side bulbs and all works great. Did not half to do any wire mods. These led's i installed are great and are night and day difference from the factory lights. Shoot me a pm if you might want these part numbers. I bought them on e-bay.

Dean 07 zuki
Thanks for the reply. I may go with LED's .The HID's are different than any bulb I've ever had. I thought the high beam wasn't working. Seems like it is but hard to see. I've never owned a bike that had 2 bulbs in the headlamp so the effect is different than 1 bulb. The Hid's layer the light on top of each other. You have to be somewhere very dark to notice it. Would rather have a more standard bulb that works off the stock wiring.

Last edited:
Aren't the standard bulbs halogen? I have an 03 V-Strom and it has dual H4 halogen headlights. Run brighter Silverstar bulbs and they are very bright. Best headlights of any bike and better than most of my automobiles.

I believe they are halogen. I've used silver stars in my Honda Valkyrie for years and just went back to the standard bulb. Silverstar's never seems to last for very long. It's the only bulb that ever blows out. I don't ride at night much anymore. I may take the HID kit off my Bandit this winter and try something different. Sometimes I think the HID is too bright for oncoming traffic.

Difficult to get good performance out of HID or LED in a headlight reflector designed for halogen bulbs.

Back