• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale 2007 KTM 950 SMR Sold Locally, Sorry Fellas!

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I am ready to sell the SMR, she is basically been made redundant by the SMT. So, I will let her go. She has been completely serviced, oil change, valve clearance check, tires with about 1500 miles, new brake pads, new gas tank, new fuel lines, new factory fuel pump, new gaskets throughout carb, Rottweiller Intake, canister delete and SAS elimiator. Leo Vince Slip ons. Not a better one out there for the money. Most go at about $6k. I am trying to sell it and move on. Ask around, one of my scooters is a good deal, no surprises. Includes new stock seat, Seat Concepts Seat and Saddlemen seat. That is about $750.00 worth of seats tossed in. The old fuel tank, some old bodywork and a new right side panel all come with the bike. Forks were rebuilt with new seals, dust seals, bushings and reassembled by me. New coolant, system was flushed. New coolant reservoir.

IMG_7538.JPG

IMG_7541.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4517.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5400.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

Last edited:
Fantastic bike. What a great example.

GLWS

You told me you might, but I didn't believe it.
Doug let me ride this rig and it is by far the best handling bike I've ever ridden.
Feels light like a dirt bike with the bite of a pit bull.

Some one please scoop this thing up before I pull the trigger.
I regretted selling him the SMT ... but it was a necessary move.

Some one please scoop this thing up before I pull the trigger...

For you Mitch, a special deal $5995.00, I knew you'd like that, after all, it is an honest bike.....

Really though, if you do want it, I might wiggle a little for my buddy.

Wow ! This bike is only 457lbs wet weight, very light for a 950cc, I have seen some videos on YouTube where's been converted into a dual sport - adventure, very relevant in today's world

Wow ! This bike is only 457lbs wet weight, very light for a 950cc, I have seen some videos on YouTube where's been converted into a dual sport - adventure, very relevant in today's world

A Dual Sport :eek2:
What a waste :loco:
The 950 smr had the world’s most extreme lean angle record.
There is actually a picture of it being leaned to the point where the handle bars are actually scraping the asphalt and it’s rider did not fall off and completed the turn.

Last edited:
Howdy,

Does this bike have stock gearing?

Are you interested? Or just curious, either is fine with me. stock is 17/41, I just checked and I am running 16/41 on her. Don''t know where I got the 16/43, must be getting old.

To be exact, I installed a DID 525VX3 Natural X-Ring rated for a 1000cc bike with a 16/41 Superlite RS7 steel sprocket set which actually only one down from stock in the front. The goal was to keep it from lugging under 75 mph which the stock gearing causes. I am pretty happy with it.

Are you interested? Or just curious, either is fine with me. stock is 17/41, I just checked and I am running 16/41 on her. Don''t know where I got the 16/43, must be getting old.

To be exact, I installed a DID 525VX3 Natural X-Ring rated for a 1000cc bike with a 16/41 Superlite RS7 steel sprocket set which actually only one down from stock in the front. The goal was to keep it from lugging under 75 mph which the stock gearing causes. I am pretty happy with it.
I am interested, but having a short inseam, I do not know if it would be a wise decision. I have a 2017 Vstrom 650 with OEM suspension and seat height and have to one foot it at stops. How do you think they would compare? Please PM me if you like.

Hot **** what a nice bike! How closely is this related to a Super Enduro? Many years ago, I dreamed of the mighty litre KTM SE as an adventure bike. Problem was that they were so rare and so expensive. This seems like a deal.

Hot **** what a nice bike! How closely is this related to a Super Enduro?
Same engine, sort of the same basic frame, but otherwise two different motorcycles.

As far as rarity or commonality, how ever you want to look at it, an SMR like this one is much harder to find than an SE. There are SEs for sale all the time.

The SM (R) like this one for sale vs. the regular SM of the time is a nice upgrade too. Smaller tank and different seat improve the look (and the riding position) vs. the regular SM, plus some other cosmetic differences like the orange frame and black swingarm.

Several differences between the SMR and SE include, different header routing, different wheel size, spoked vs. cast wheels, one rotor on the SE, steering head angle, swingarm. Basically all the stuff to mount 19/18 wheels and raise ride height. So, they are different, but basically the same LOL.

Back