• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 Pie Run Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

wczimmerman

The ORIGINAL Pie Man
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Jan 27: Mosier's Cafe @ Lake Fork Marina
Feb 24: Koffee Kup, Hico
Mar 31: Texas Star Cafe, New Ulm
Apr 28: The Shed, Edom
May 19: Farmhouse Cafe, Huntsville
Jun 30: Love Creek Orchards Patio Cafe, Medina
Jul 28: Ranchman's Cafe, Ponder
Aug 25: Texas Pie Company, Kyle
Sept 29: Pie in the Sky, Conroe
Oct 27: Debbies Pies, Hutto
Nov 17: East Texas Burger Co., Mineola
Dec 29: End of Year Event, College Station

Nothing is set in stone and some locations may be replaced by new restaurants as the Pie Scouts return with their reports.

Who's ready for some PIE? :eat:

Last edited:
Just a question - the Nov date is the weekend before Thanksgiving, which is also the (now annual) tech day in Canton. Any chance that one can be moved closer to Canton so the events can be coordinated?

Or is that silly and I just have to pick one or the other and miss out on a social event? :giveup:

wczimmerman said:
Who's ready for some PIE? :eat:
I just happen to be having some Pecan Pie right now. (two guesses where I got it) :mrgreen:

Is 26 miles close enough, Squeaky? I switched Hutto and Mineola around.

wczimmerman said:
Is 26 miles close enough, Squeaky? I switched Hutto and Mineola around.

:clap:
The pie man comes through yet again!

I made this a stick post, should we move it to the scheduled events forum?

Hello all, may I ask for the lay of the road for the May 19th trip, where's the hook up, map, route, and time and place. I may be able to make this one, and hope that I can. I am looking forward to meeting all. If not, anyone that wants to saddle up in the North Central Texas area during this time frame. Let me know, thanks sdw.

twentyhorses said:
Hello all, may I ask for the lay of the road for the May 19th trip, where's the hook up, map, route, and time and place.
WC Zimmerman usually starts a thread in the "TWT Sponsored Events" section early in the month, May in this case. Folks will offer up meet points for different starting locations - Houston, Austin, DFW, etc. Look at the thread for last month's - February in Hico to see how it works.

Short answer - it's too early yet... (but never to early to get folks thinking)

There should be a thread for the March run pretty soon now, right WC? ;-)

Gilk51 said:
WC Zimmerman usually starts a thread in the "TWT Sponsored Events" section early in the month, May in this case. Folks will offer up meet points for different starting locations - Houston, Austin, DFW, etc. Look at the thread for last month's - February in Hico to see how it works.

Short answer - it's too early yet... (but never to early to get folks thinking)

There should be a thread for the March run pretty soon now, right WC? ;-)

Here it is!

I'm new so I don't know if you guys hit it in previous years, but I hear Hondo TX is really nice and has some good eateries
I really hope to make it out to the May pie run [I'll be in florida for the april run]

Hondo is a bit out of the way... Not that being out of the way has stopped folks before, but it does cut down on attendance. We try to get locations that are somewhat central to everyone. But then Edom is not real central to San Antonio or those misplaced souls in El Paso :lol2: Folks have been known to ride a long way for pie, so if you have more details...

Tourmeister said:
Hondo is a bit out of the way... Not that being out of the way has stopped folks before, but it does cut down on attendance. We try to get locations that are somewhat central to everyone. But then Edom is not real central to San Antonio or those misplaced souls in El Paso :lol2: Folks have been known to ride a long way for pie, so if you have more details...

Actually, Hondo seems to be in a neat location. Grrrreat excuse for a Hill Country ride. :trust:

I got a responce from Hondo CofC

For the best homemade pie in Hondo, try Flightline Cafe, Landmark Shopping Center (near Beall's Department Store) Hwy 90 West 426-4020. However, this restaurant closes after lunch. Saturday 7:30 - 2:00 and Sunday 7:30 - 3:00. You might also try Bill & Rosa's KK Steakhouse & Saloon, Hwy 90 West, in D'Hanis (10 miles West of Hondo) 363-7230. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need any further information. I hope you enjoy your trip and the pie. Stay Safe!

poser said:
For the best homemade pie in Hondo, try Flightline Cafe, Landmark Shopping Center (near Beall's Department Store) Hwy 90 West 426-4020. However, this restaurant closes after lunch. Saturday 7:30 - 2:00 and Sunday 7:30 - 3:00. You might also try Bill & Rosa's KK Steakhouse & Saloon, Hwy 90 West, in D'Hanis (10 miles West of Hondo) 363-7230. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need any further information. I hope you enjoy your trip and the pie. Stay Safe!

I used to eat at the Flightline cafe often when I worked in Hondo. It's out at the old airport (hence the name Flightline) There was not much going on at the aiport when I was there. The restauant was/is an older building just off of the parking ramp. Parking for the restaurant was on the ramp. On Fridays, yo would get 25 or so cars parked on the edge of the ramp, and the local pilots would fly in, and park behind the cars. Every now and then the DEA would come by in their Lear jet and black helicopter and have lunch.

Hey Pappa! When did you move to Spring Branch? How's the VF treating you?

I'm not familiar with a good place for pie in Hondo. In nearby Castroville, there's a bakery that has great stuff. But, if I remember right, they don't have tables or chairs for sitting to eat. I do like the idea of a pie run to that area.

:rider:
Hey Pappa! When did you move to Spring Branch? How's the VF treating you?

Moved to spring branch about 2 yrs ago
vf runs great ride every chance i get.
my profile pic was taken about a month ago

I painted the fairing as best as i could.
Hopefully when i redo the whole bike it will be same paint scheme only it will be Candy apple Red, Candy Apple Blue and Pearl White
:rider:

Hi I just found the pie run. Can someone explain how this works? It sounds like a fun idea. I do not really see any up in the DFW area.

Thanks

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back