• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 Pie Run Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you're volunteering for a pie scouting mission! There's a link at the beginning of this thread that points to Pie Scouting Reports. As part of that, we need to know seating capacity, quality of the food, parking capacity, and if the management is open to the visit.

Oh boy! Seating capacity. Might be problem. Plenty of parking though. It is mainly a standup and order then leave kinda bakery. Did I mention there are great roads near by...LOL It is right off the traffic circle in the main part of Down Town New Branfels.

phil

Oh boy! Seating capacity. Might be problem. Plenty of parking though. It is mainly a standup and order then leave kinda bakery. Did I mention there are great roads near by...LOL It is right off the traffic circle in the main part of Down Town New Branfels.

phil

What about outdoor seating nearby?

What about outdoor seating nearby?

Outside? Only a little. It would work as a eat and ride type of distination. Early AM.
I am sure they would like the biz, yet it is mostly a to-go situation. Let me ride out there this weekend and I'll learn more.

phil

Outside? Only a little. It would work as a eat and ride type of distination. Early AM.
I am sure they would like the biz, yet it is mostly a to-go situation. Let me ride out there this weekend and I'll learn more.

phil

Sounds good. Generally, we like places that serve some sort of lunch in addition to the pie. It's not an absolute requirement if there is another place for lunch nearby so folks can park once, then eat, then enjoy pie.

Sounds good. Generally, we like places that serve some sort of lunch in addition to the pie. It's not an absolute requirement if there is another place for lunch nearby so folks can park once, then eat, then enjoy pie.

I can see that. I originally thought of this as a place to "tank up" then ride.
Still, let me look into this. The New Braunfels area is a great ride destination.

Phil

Jan 27: Mosier's Cafe @ Lake Fork Marina
Feb 24: Koffee Kup, Hico
Mar 31: Texas Star Cafe, New Ulm
Apr 28: The Shed, Edom
May 19: Farmhouse Cafe, Huntsville
Jun 30: Love Creek Orchards Patio Cafe, Medina
Jul 28: Ranchman's Cafe, Ponder
Aug 25: Texas Pie Company, Kyle
Sept 29: Pie in the Sky, Conroe
Oct 27: Debbies Pies, Hutto
Nov 17: East Texas Burger Co., Mineola
Dec 29: End of Year Event, College Station

Nothing is set in stone and some locations may be replaced by new restaurants as the Pie Scouts return with their reports.

Who's ready for some PIE? :eat:

WOW! Hutto is a good trip for a DR650...:giveup: :rider: :giveup: :rider: :eat:

Worse than Lewisville to Kyle, via Temple & Marble Falls?

I am long range impared due to my saddle and tank so if I can stop sooner than every 120 mi. I don't mind any distractions, or diversions, or just plain over the hill scenic out of the way routes.....I love it!:rider:

I'm thinking XR myself. It's only 16 miles from my house. Of course I still have to get out of working the UT/Nebraska game first.

:tab I think the West Texas folks deserve a Pie Run out their way now that there are quite a few of them on the site. Perhaps we could schedule one for sometime in the spring before it gets smoking hot? I've no clue where. Hopefully a few of them might chime in with suggestions... Anyone...? Anyone...?

:tab I think the West Texas folks deserve a Pie Run out their way now that there are quite a few of them on the site. Perhaps we could schedule one for sometime in the spring before it gets smoking hot? I've no clue where. Hopefully a few of them might chime in with suggestions... Anyone...? Anyone...?

Lowake Steak House.

If worst comes to worst, everyone takes a pie and we meet somewhere in west Texas, say a rest stop or something. :trust:

Maybe the west Texas folks need imported pies...

This will be my first Pie Run for TWT. I will try and meet everyone on Sat the 29th. Please don't ask me to remember your name, I have a terrible memory!!! You don't have to guess my age cause your probably right.
ralphn0

Well, we might be inclined to do name tags again so you're in luck! :mrgreen:

I still have mine that some gal made for the very first Pie Run - can't seem to remember who it was, though... ;-)

I have mine too.

I think I can find half a box of those somewhere that were leftovers... :trust:

I think those of us who decide the "official" pie run on a given weekend is not doable should meet in in our own areas for lunch. Not to take anything away from the "official" pie run, but if you are not going anyway it would be a good excuse for some of us to meet and ride closer to home.
just my .02

I think those of us who decide the "official" pie run on a given weekend is not doable should meet in in our own areas for lunch. Not to take anything away from the "official" pie run, but if you are not going anyway it would be a good excuse for some of us to meet and ride closer to home.
just my .02

I am there Jack

Youo guys know that staying overnight at the hotel is optional, right? I'm just going for dinner & the show, then heading back for home.

Youo guys know that staying overnight at the hotel is optional, right? I'm just going for dinner & the show, then heading back for home.

i wasn't referring to the end of the yr run specifically, just any pie run. Tina and I are gonna go to the end of the yr run and spend the nite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back