• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 r1200gsa Ignition won’t turn off??

Reaction score
Was about to take a cold start vid and something weird happened.

Battery maintainer hooked up.
Put key in, turned it, started it, turned it off, pulled key and the dash was still lit up.

Waited a few mins and still on. Just for kicks tried to start it without key in ignition and it freakin started. Without a key in the ignition.

Tried a few different sequences and still the same. Had to disconnect battery to get it to shut down.

Tender was unplugged.
Reconnected battery.

Same

Reconnected tender.
Turned ignition on then off.

Same.

Now I see in the display “EWS!” On the top left. I don’t recall ever seeing that. research says maybe the ring antenna?

Ideas?

And yes it’s the one for sale. (since withdrawn while this issue is resolved)

Good luck! I have an '07 R1200 GS that I've been chasing electrical gremlins on for months. FWIW... the key module is not difficult to get into. Just takes a smallish torcs wrench for two screws on the windshield side. If BMW had a reasonable electrical system I'd have another one by tomorrow. They don't and I doubt I'll ever own another one because of it.

Back