• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 Suzuki 1250 Bandit cold start idle issue.

Reaction score
I haven't been on here for a while but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or even heard of it or what could be causing it.It happens on first cold start up but is worse in warm weather,sometimes on first start up it will find a really low idle and will never correct itself until shut off and re- started and sometimes it works on first start up,the bike runs great and always has but this is annoying and i'm not sure what is really causing this the computer or something simple,not sure what would control first start idle,something with temperature i'm sure,thanks to anyone who could help with this,I still love this bike and ride it everyday.

Thank's a lot,that's probably what it is it makes sense because once in a while it will also idle a little high and I have about 33,000 miles on it and have never cleaned it,ill try that immediately.

Thanks a million for the help,there's no doubt in my mind that was the problem it was pretty gummed up.Been riding the bike all day and no signs of the problem anymore because it's pretty warm here today about 105 and it was really doing it in the heat,and it acts completely different on start up,jumps right to where it's supposed to with no hesitation.I should have figured this out because I had the same problem with my Ford pickup and this was the problem,for some reason I didn't think my bike had one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 490
Back