• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Pie Run Schedule

I understand the reasoning, but 11 has started feeling a bit early for the distance riders - and might be eliminating participants by demanding 5 and 6 a.m. starts.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I would like to do the Corpus Christi run in January, but the very early start may kill it. I can't always do an overnight trip, although this one is a candidate.

If anyone might be going to the January one from the Katy or Northwest side of Houston, I would be interested in hooking up to ride down. Also, what time do you usually meet up at the pie location? Thanks.

Me I'm in Cypress :wave:

There's no hard and fast rule for 11AM meeting times. It's just been carried over from the very first pie run. We can certainly adjust the time according to what works best for everyone coming and the restaurant.

Chuck-I'm thinking about making the Corpus run in January, too. A later start time will help Squeaky...I mean.....me out with the departure time, too. Maybe Noon or 13:00 (1PM)?

There's no hard and fast rule for 11AM meeting times. It's just been carried over from the very first pie run. We can certainly adjust the time according to what works best for everyone coming and the restaurant.

Chuck-I'm thinking about making the Corpus run in January, too. A later start time will help Squeaky...I mean.....me out with the departure time, too. Maybe Noon or 13:00 (1PM)?

Good idea. Especially in winter with the short days & all.
Thanks

Don't base it on me - I can't make the January run anyway.

I just did a quick check and it is 400 miles one way from Arlington to Corpus. It's not a one-day ride, and certainly not in January. Any chance we can switch it to another month (May/June) so it has a chance of having lthe ong distance folks drop in? I need more light...

I just did a quick check and it is 400 miles one way from Arlington to Corpus. It's not a one-day ride, and certainly not in January. Any chance we can switch it to another month (May/June) so it has a chance of having lthe ong distance folks drop in? I need more light...

I second the idea of moving this run to a later date. Not because of the lack of light but because "whine on for RB;-) " for the last 3 years I have had zero runs within 200 miles. Now that one is scheduled within 150 miles :clap: I'm back in New Mexico :doh: which puts it back to over 400 miles :eek2: . "whine off"

Chris, a later start time wouldn't be a bad idea for the winter months.

PS
Enjoyed meeting everyone at the EOY pie run:eat: . Hope everyone made it or will make it home safe and sound.

Erik's (Rainmaker) parents just moved to Ingleside so let us know what you decide on whether your moving it or not. Regardless, we need to make a trip down there soon.

As you can see, there are several new locations for next year. Those Pie Scouting reports really help! I scheduled the November run for the Saturday after Thanksgiving for Edom deliberately. That way if your significant other would like to do some shopping in Canton, you can eat then make the short ride over.

Let me know your thoughts.

One suggestion is to provide name labels or badges with screen names so people at the TWT Pie Run event can know more about the humanoids they chat with online. Additionally, folks could also put on the label the type of bike they normally ride.

Of course optional for those who say "we don't need no stinkin badges"...

RB

One suggestion is to provide name labels or badges with screen names so people at the TWT Pie Run event can know more about the humanoids they chat with online. Additionally, folks could also put on the label the type of bike they normally ride.

RB

I nominate Squeaky!

Additionally, folks could also put on the label the type of bike they normally ride.

I think that's a dumb idea... Anyone who does that is stupid!!!

image113.jpg

Oh wait.... oops..... :doh:

RB

+1

Was it Squeaky that did that at the first pie run in Hico? That was first class, I thought.. I know that was a lot of work for someone but all thats really necessary is a pad of sticky labels and a sharpie.

There were name tags for the end-of-year pie run. That helped a lot.

I still have my original one from January, 2005 (the first Hico pie run) and brought it with me.

Heh. I always carry a package of blank name tags and Sharpies in my topcase for just such occasions. I'll haul them out at the next run.

I'm for sure at ponder and celina....Some of the others I'll have to judge by distance and how much superslab I have to fight.

just a thought......i know you guys put a lot of work in this and i commend yall for it. but the last two runs are real close to the holidays and a lot of people travel to be with family those weekends. so i was wondering about moving Nov. to the 22nd and DEC. to the 6th.????? i would say the 20th for DEC. but last weekend shopping.....you know. just typing out loud.:duck:

How many members live in far W. Texas? Do we have any data on the geographical distribution of our membership? It would seem that this kind of information would be important to determine where these events should be held.

I know we have a handfull of foreigners (residing outside of TX, mostly bandits) but my question does not apply to them.

I would like to see a map like this here! (maybe on the home page)
It's on another site I frequently visit.
I also put one in my myspace page.
http://www.frappr.com/

Back