• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Pie Run Schedule

The new Ride Texas magazine includes three of our pie run destinations -- Koffee Kup, Bluebonnet Cafe and The Shed -- on their list of the Top 10 dessert stops in Texas. (As if we need another reason to ride for food.)

The new Ride Texas magazine includes three of our pie run destinations -- Koffee Kup, Bluebonnet Cafe and The Shed -- on their list of the Top 10 dessert stops in Texas. (As if we need another reason to ride for food.)

:clap:

I think they should contact us to write their next issue of Best Dessert Locations. We will have covered most of the state by the end of this year, not to mention all the locations we already have from the previous 3 years of Pie Runs.

Just a note looking at these dates, shouldn't this thread be stickied, and maybe the 2007 one unstickied (de-stickied? :huh:) or something? I hope to at least make the Sealy and Blessing dates nearest me...

:clap:

I think they should contact us to write their next issue of Best Dessert Locations. We will have covered most of the state by the end of this year, not to mention all the locations we already have from the previous 3 years of Pie Runs.

Maybe we should contact them to ride along and possibly do an article about the Pie Runs and the TWT connection. :eat:

We could make Squeaky world famous.

Been wanting to play around with this google maps tagging site, so I created a map with points for all the scheduled pie runs so far. Did not add a point for the May (West Texas) date, and I assumed College Station for the December date. These points are just the cities, not the exact locations. Just thought it might be fun to see them dropped on a map...

http://www.tagzania.com/user/crawl/pie+twtex

Been wanting to play around with this google maps tagging site, so I created a map with points for all the scheduled pie runs so far. Did not add a point for the May (West Texas) date, and I assumed College Station for the December date. These points are just the cities, not the exact locations. Just thought it might be fun to see them dropped on a map...

http://www.tagzania.com/user/crawl/pie

Thanks crawl. This is a great feature. Is there a way to get the event numbers to show on the map?

I just started playing around with it today. I'll see what I can do and maybe get the exact addresses, along with the numbers and such.

edit... Added more info to the tags. Looks like you have to hover over one, or click the red dot next to a name on the left for it to appear on the map.

-Paul

Abilene is west.
San Angelo is a more central location for West. Pie locations? no clue!

Big Map of Texas

Sounds like research time for me! There are more good twisties around here than one would expect, but I need more pie research. There is an outstanding pie place in Junction on the main street through town, but I can't think of its name right now.

Saw the May "pie run" will be in West Texas. When and if any May date and location is determined, please post it. I'll be coming in from San Miguel de Allende, Mx. to San Antonio and would love to make a run to west texas.

Also thinking about going on up to Ruidoso for the Aspen rally there. Anyone ever been and is it worth the trip, even though I know the area and it's a beautiful ride, is the rally worth working into a short schedule?

Bucky

We could make Squeaky world famous.
Huh? How'd I get mixed up in this? This puppy is all Wizzerman! ;-)

Saw the May "pie run" will be in West Texas. When and if any May date and location is determined, please post it.
It's typically the last Saturday of each month. It moves around for major holidays sometimes, but I don't see any reason why the May run won't be on Saturday the 31st (since the weekend before is Memorial Day weekend and shouldn't interfere).

I live in Lubbock, Texas. There are several riders in the midland area.
We would love to be included in the pie run.

I live in Lubbock, Texas. There are several riders in the midland area.
We would love to be included in the pie run.

You are welcome at any pie run you can attend. :bigokay:
May is the West Texas pie run in Fort Davis as far as I know. But the list has not been update for that pie run.:ponder: :shrug: If you know of a better place, post some pics of the location and the pies.:eat:

Pie Run in Marshall on April 26th still happening? I'm new to the pie run. Do we just ride from wherever we live and meet in Marshall, for example, and have a pie party with all of us two wheeled texans?

Barry

Pie Run in Marshall on April 26th still happening? I'm new to the pie run. Do we just ride from wherever we live and meet in Marshall, for example, and have a pie party with all of us two wheeled texans?

Barry

Yes. Usually, groups will self-organize in different areas like DFW, Houston, Austin, etc, and pic a time, place, and ride together. We all meet for talking, looking at and talking about bikes, and, of course, eating lunch and some pie.

Look in the "story telling" section about previous pie runs. We just had one today in Ingleside (near Corpus Christi).

You can also see the pre-run planning in the "TWT Sponsored" section. This time there was an additional thread for the Houston riders.

Lots of fun - hope you can join in on the next one...

Last edited:
Back