• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Pie Run Schedule

Heck, I just might make it to the one at Lucy's! After all it is about 3 minutes from the house :)

My wife will start working there in a few weeks once they move to their new location around the corner. Its moving into the town square proper area if anyone knows downtown Celina, its only about 100 feet and around the corner. They did a whole new joint from the ground up on the inside and from what she is telling me its very cool. With the new place they are going to have an actual bakery which she will be running. If we can get a head count and a time she said that she might be able to reserve a section for us.

Last edited:
When someone gets exact details about the May Pie Run (May 31 has been suggested, along with Fort Davis) and exact times and place, please post it. Some of us will be in flux, movement, travel so may not get to plan on it util the last minute. At any rate, getting out of movement might take some prior planning.

OK guys, the wife started at Lucy's yesterday and said she talked to the owner about us. She said that its great and welcomes us entirely. Also said that she will set aside an area and have an extra waitress or two on hand just for us depending on how many plan on attending.

When someone gets exact details about the May Pie Run (May 31 has been suggested, along with Fort Davis) and exact times and place, please post it. Some of us will be in flux, movement, travel so may not get to plan on it util the last minute. At any rate, getting out of movement might take some prior planning.

Any ideas for the May 31 location yet? :eat:

:eat: After thinking it over we are joining you for the W.Tx.Pie run.
You know how the Baggers are!!!

Bump TTT.

Just a reminder that my wife runs the bakery at Lucy's in Celina and they are fully prepared to give us our own section and waitresses if we can give them an approximate headcount beforehand. They will also make sure to have extra baked goods on hand to accommodate us as well.

I know I will be there, its a whole 3 minutes from my house. Anyone else?

I know I will be there, its a whole 3 minutes from my house. Anyone else?

There will be a separate thread for this one soon - no need to clog the schedule thread.

Besides - it is only the Oneth of the month and the last Pie Run was only 3 days ago! :giveup:

Celina - 7/26

I really want to do the Marble Falls Pie Run but it will be around 500 miles round trip from Garland. I did 450 when we did the Marshall Pie Run and I was ready to get off that bike. However, the last 90 miles or so was Interstate which was possibly the reason why I got so bored/tired at the end. I have almost zero endurance for the super slab.

Any of you DFW guys going to do this one? Maybe its time to discover a new max miles in a day.

I really want to do the Marble Falls Pie Run but it will be around 500 miles round trip from Garland. I did 450 when we did the Marshall Pie Run and I was ready to get off that bike. However, the last 90 miles or so was Interstate which was possibly the reason why I got so bored/tired at the end. I have almost zero endurance for the super slab.

Any of you DFW guys going to do this one? Maybe its time to discover a new max miles in a day.

Maybe we could car pool. My Avalanche is real comfy on long rides......

I really want to do the Marble Falls Pie Run but it will be around 500 miles round trip from Garland...

August? Not me... heat isn't my thing. I'm kind of wondering what the weather will be like for the September run down to the coast, though.

Maybe we could car pool. My Avalanche is real comfy on long rides......

If I cant ride it, probably won't go but thanks for the offer. Right now it's looking good for a ride. Riding buddy is salivating at the idea.

LOL well you can always ride it from the trailer :)

I will make sure to look back once in a while and wave.

is it too early to start talking about the next one??:eat:

Oh well - it's August! Only 4 weeks away - Bluebonnet Cafe... :roll:

I suspect that there will be a group or more headed down that way. I am planning to go & will post up a route as the day gets closer...

Back