• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS rigged for touring

t110

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ford
Moving to an R1200RT, so up for sale is my black 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250SA rigged for touring. 25k miles, with the following mods and upgrades:
  • New chain and sprockets, 0 miles; 19 tooth front sprocket
  • Givi V35 panniers on Givi racks with fitted bags inside and AdMore LED's, one bag lightly scuffed on lower edge
  • Kappa V46 top box on SW-Motech Alu-rack, with AdMore LED's
  • Sargent "low" or Holeshot/Corbin seat
  • Full Holeshot Stage II package: header, Power Commander III, airbox mod, K&N, and PAIR delete
  • Leo Vince titanium can
  • ZeroGravity tall windshield with MRA X-Creen
  • MRA Vario screen
  • Metrick Metal mirror extenders
  • Suzuki DL 1000 hand guards
  • Handlebar risers: up about 1 1/4" and back 1/2"
  • Footpeg mod [lower and a little forward]
  • Holeshot fork brace
  • Cogent fork springs with 5w oil
  • Cogent shock
  • Holeshot nerf bars, and yes, one of them has done its duty in a 1 mph drop
  • Audiovox CCS-100 electronic cruise control just installed 100 miles ago
  • ADVmonster Model 20 LED spotlights on forks are adjustable on low beam, full power on high
  • Auxiliary socket to power heated gear and also hook up to battery tender
  • EBC front pads
All fluids are fresh. Tank has been repainted due to a trailer incident with my buddy's FZ1. V35 trim panels were painted at same time in the factory black
The bike has performed flawlessly for 8 years, with the exception of a failed regulator/rectifier, but this will not leave you stranded by the side of the road. Averages 44 mpg on regular gas. It's on Michelin PR-4's at about half tread.
If no one is wanting to buy a Bandit configured like this, I will remove everything possible and sell separately. Just PM if you're interested in the bike or possibly some of the removable gear. Nerf bars, hand guards, PC III, fork springs/brace, and chain/sprockets will stay with the bike. $4200 with all mods and one each screen and seat.
Thanks for reading!
t110

Last edited:
Great looking bike!

I'm sure you will enjoy the RT

From my cursory reading it appears that you’ve done the performance mods needed to really awaken the inner beast of this thing. It looks great and very well equipped.

Where is this sucker located? I’m working on a deal for a bike, but if it doesn’t work out I may be looking to come see this one.

Yep, SW VA. However, the right deal might convince me to haul both the Bandit and the RT South. When does Bluebonnet season start in the Hill Country?
After the almost-endless snow and rain that have featured this Winter, I finally got the Bandit back from the dealer with new chain, sync-ed tb's, and a bath. Here are the pix:
T110

Attachments

• IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 840
  • IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_0750 (1).JPG
    IMG_0750 (1).JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 915
  • IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 909
  • IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0762.JPG
    IMG_0762.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 874
Bluebonnets are out right now.... Ive seen em around Waco.
We're havin a rally at the end of this month in Kerrville... Come on down...all bikes fine
Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III
Thread is on here

Oh...& ...Nice Bandit!

New price $3950. If no interest I will remove upgrades and take the bike to a dealer for consignment sale.
t110

Hard to believe that you haven't sold this already, that's a great Bandit at a sharp price.

Moving to an R1200RT, so up for sale is my black 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250SA rigged for touring. 25k miles, with the following mods and upgrades:
  • New chain and sprockets, 0 miles; 19 tooth front sprocket
  • Givi V35 panniers on Givi racks with fitted bags inside and AdMore LED's, one bag lightly scuffed on lower edge
  • Kappa V46 top box on SW-Motech Alu-rack, with AdMore LED's
  • Sargent "low" or Holeshot/Corbin seat
  • Full Holeshot Stage II package: header, Power Commander III, airbox mod, K&N, and PAIR delete
  • Leo Vince titanium can
  • ZeroGravity tall windshield with MRA X-Creen
  • MRA Vario screen
  • Metrick Metal mirror extenders
  • Suzuki DL 1000 hand guards
  • Handlebar risers: up about 1 1/4" and back 1/2"
  • Footpeg mod [lower and a little forward]
  • Holeshot fork brace
  • Cogent fork springs with 5w oil
  • Cogent shock
  • Holeshot nerf bars, and yes, one of them has done its duty in a 1 mph drop
  • Audiovox CCS-100 electronic cruise control just installed 100 miles ago
  • ADVmonster Model 20 LED spotlights on forks are adjustable on low beam, full power on high
  • Auxiliary socket to power heated gear and also hook up to battery tender
  • EBC front pads
All fluids are fresh. Tank has been repainted due to a trailer incident with my buddy's FZ1. V35 trim panels were painted at same time in the factory black
The bike has performed flawlessly for 8 years, with the exception of a failed regulator/rectifier, but this will not leave you stranded by the side of the road. Averages 44 mpg on regular gas. It's on Michelin PR-4's at about half tread.
If no one is wanting to buy a Bandit configured like this, I will remove everything possible and sell separately. Just PM if you're interested in the bike or possibly some of the removable gear. Nerf bars, hand guards, PC III, fork springs/brace, and chain/sprockets will stay with the bike. $4200 with all mods and one each screen and seat.
Thanks for reading!
t110View attachment 229437
t100

How do you like your screen?

Dth Wsh wrote: How do you like your screen?

I have 4 different screens for the bike. The MRA shown gives a pretty good airflow - not still air though. For that I have a much taller rig: Zero Gravity touring screen with an adjustable MRA X-creen attached. At 5'8" I can tuck behind the shorter screen if needed; with the flap all the way up, it's pretty quiet sitting up straight behind the taller one.
Also have the oem screen and a double bubble that gives surprisingly good flow.
t110

The CC works just fine - if anything a tad smoother than the CC on my R1200RT. All the installation is explained in a thread here on TWT.

After a month with no offers, I'm about ready to strip all the upgrades and take the basic bike to a dealer for consignment sale. The CC will then be for sale as a package; you would still need to drill a hole in the throttle stop tab and another in the #1 intake tube. To ease my installation, I also removed the PAIR system. There are lots of pix and instructions that would apply to most any pre-CANBUS Jap bike.

Also for sale separately would be the bar risers, extra windscreens, luggage racks, Givi bags with AdMore lights, Holeshot header, LT can, fork brace, and Cogent shock.

t110

Bike has now been stripped of bags, racks, LED's, cruise control, touring windscreens, hand guards, rear shock, header, can, mirror extenders, seats, and risers. There will be a separate ad with prices for each. One member has been in touch about the luggage as a package, and he will have first dibs if he wants to pay the asking price. Post to follow later this evening.
Sometime in the next few days the bike will go to consignment at Early's Cycle Center in Harrisonburg, VA. - a fine old family operation.
t110

If i had the money now this would be in my shed..i wrecked my '07 last Oct and am now looking and saving money but as usual the timing isnt there for me...But i love the farkles and Dale Walker's upgrades...This is everything i would want in one package...BTW I have seen your CL ad and it isnt as descriptive as this posting..so its good to see the mods and upgrades...and you have done an excellent job of tastefully upgrading it...Glad you kept the original signals as alot of kids change them out for flush mounted LEDS which IMO is dumb...GLWS...

Im in desperate need of your sargent seat, unless the corbin falls through, and Ill take that, all the luggage and rack and light package, and the exhaust can and adaptor

Hallowe'en update: bike is still for sale at Early's in VA: $2995. This is for the basic bike with the tuning stuff and nerf bars. Luggage and Sargent seat still available. Motivated! May be able to deliver.

t110

Back