• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 24 - 27, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAHOO!!! TEN DAYS TOGO!!!
Poor Richard. All these last minute questions and registrations. :giveup: You must be a wreck and there is still another week and some.
I, for one, really appreciate you and all you are doing.:clap:
I suggest, for all, we get a TIP bucket at the sign-in table and show our appreciation for Richard "Texas ADV RIDE" organizer. If a hundred riders could spare a few bucks(or more), that would be a nice gesture of our appreciation.
What do you think Adventurers. Let's do it!!:rider:

$10 for the week end- rented it for the 24, 25 & 26th.
Remember we need to leave it cleaner than when we found it!

Hey txdiamond17,

Just noticed you are from Stanton and wandered if you are hauling or driving your bike to the ride and if you would like to team up for traveling? I will be traveling on the 24th but haven't made up my mind about hauling the bike or riding it. I have a 07 KLR 650.

Roger

Midland

For anyone who is interested, Jerry is organizing a group ride to Junction from the Austin area, starting at Cabellas in Buda. If you are an Austin/San Antonio/Hill Country rider and want to ride out with Jerry, here is the link to the ride.

I guess that means some of the creek crossings will be a great place to set up the tri-pod & shoot some action shots of the KLR doing the side stroke.

What is that saying, "if the creek don't rise" ?

It will still be the best event of the year.

its just a weather forecast not a curse. Its like carrying jumper cable for the car, if you don't have them you will need them and if you do have them you won't need them.

Think possitive thought and remember this is Texas and the forecast can change 3 or 4 times before we ride

I don't trust any forecast for more than a day or two out at the most :whatever:

Richard, I am coming. I will bring my registration with me. I do not need a T shirt but would like a ride guide if possible.
I plan to be there Wednesday afternoon and ride Thursday and Friday. I have to be home Saturday noon for my Granddaughters First Birthday Party.Please don't plan on me for the Banquet.

Is anyone going to be there for a ride Thursday Morning?

bigdon55,

We plan to be there early AM thursday. My ridding partner may be up for the quick AM tour. We are at the Legends Inn. Just look for two 08 Green KLR.
NO, we didn't know the other til after we bought the bikes.

I will be headed out from Houston around maybe 830 or 9 Thursday morning. Be at the KOA some time Thursday afternoon. Probably just riding I10 to Junction

Hey Rjones, We are gonna leave Thurs afternoon with the bikes in tow. I know we have 2 KLRs going, and maybe a TW200. I bet we can make room if you want to go with us. I know we can get 3 bikes between the trailer and truck, the TW may have to ride on the fuel tank or bumper!

Richard - a friend just told me about this ride - I would have done the early registration if I knew about it! Printed out the form, will bring it with on the first day. Count me in.

Richard - a friend just told me about this ride - I would have done the early registration if I knew about it! Printed out the form, will bring it with on the first day. Count me in.

Welcome out of lurk mode! :wave:

I have just loaded 2 of the rides into my garmin zumo 550 into the internal memory. I can see them in the zumo when the cord is plugged into my pc but cant find the routes when I turn on the unit . I cant find them anywhere and the manual does not seem to help me . Can anyone help me out ?
thanks Rick M

I have just loaded 2 of the rides into my garmin zumo 550 into the internal memory. I can see them in the zumo when the cord is plugged into my pc but cant find the routes when I turn on the unit . I cant find them anywhere and the manual does not seem to help me . Can anyone help me out ?
thanks Rick M

Did you use the Transfer pull down menu and select the Send to Device option? If so, it will come up with an import screen when the zumo starts up. Just select the routes and they will import and calculate. If you only copied them over to the internal memory you will never be able to get to them from the zumo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back