• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Texas Adventure Ride: Apr 24 - 27, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
The web address in my Ride Guide for the GPS routes does not seem to be good. I get an error 404 message each time. I have one of the first books. I know you cannot give out the address here but has anyone else had similar problems?

The web address in my Ride Guide for the GPS routes does not seem to be good. I get an error 404 message each time. I have one of the first books. I know you cannot give out the address here but has anyone else had similar problems?

I had to capitalize any instance of tar (TAR) to get it to work. Dunno if that will work for you, though.

Guy's I hate to bail out on all of you at the last min. I have been preparing my bike and got everything packed today. Unfortunatly just got word my grandma passed and will have to travel back to the east coast tomorrow with my dad. If anybody wants to male the TAR up at a later date PM me.

I've had to cancel my room at Lazy T for a funeral (second this week). Call them if you need the room (325-446-2565). Have fun and be safe y'all.

I am canceling my room at Hills, King bed-non-smoking. Thurs to Sat. I am out. Was reminded by WIFE of prior Fiesta commitments!!!!!:giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: YOU'ALL Have FUN NOW, YOU HEAR!!!!!!!!!

My hubby backed out, and my riding buddy isn't getting to Junction until noon Fri. If anyone else is arriving around noon, we'll be taking an abbreviated ride in the afternoon, and would welcome any stragglers.

VERY GOOD TEED
Ride On is a very good tire sealant.
We at TAR-08 have been blessed w/ MC formula to be distributed by myself w/ the best wishes of the Ride-On tire sealant company.
It is free to paid registered riders of TAR-08.
It is my understanding that no one using Ride-On last year had any issues w/ keeping air in their tubes/tires.
Ride-On also fixed a few leaky VStrom tires.
It is not meant to be a flat fixer but it is a great tire sealant before the flat issue & helps balance the tires.
There is also NO messy wheel clean up during a tire replacement.
Just use a wet paper towel or dry.

Will you have something signifying who you are? Or did I just look for the crowd messing with valve stems?:mrgreen: Poolside at the Legend's Inn, right? Thursday?? Friday? every day? Thanks is advance. Terry

My hubby backed out, and my riding buddy isn't getting to Junction until noon Fri. If anyone else is arriving around noon, we'll be taking an abbreviated ride in the afternoon, and would welcome any stragglers.

You'll still be there Thursday evening though?

Yes, I plan on arriving Thurs afternoon/evening. I'll go to Hills Motel after unloading and try not to embarress myself around you big dogs, and :eat: dinner somewhere nearby before I turn into a pumpkin.
See You There!!!
:rider:

Yes, I plan on arriving Thurs afternoon/evening. I'll go to Hills Motel after unloading and try not to embarress myself around you big dogs, and :eat: dinner somewhere nearby before I turn into a pumpkin.
See You There!!!
:rider:

We should hit Junction by around 6pm. I'll look around for you.

I am leaving about 830 in the morning from the 610 loop area of Houston and I am staying at the KOA. I have a camp site by myself so if anyone needs a place to throw a tent I have room. See you all there. It is going to be a long night at work! and much sleep deprivation tomorrow, but it am looking forward to the ride!:rider:

Richard, I won't be getting in til late Fri afternoon. Where do I meet yall to get my shirts and stuff? Probably be Saturday morning somewhere. Thanks

I guess I should think about packing, huh? :trust:

I'm ready, but not ready.

Y'all know what I mean?

We're getting ready to get our butts kicked with a large storm. One ome check of the radar adn it is off to see what wonders I find in my rolly bag full of bike gear ... it growled the last time I wandered by it.

Howdy Folks,

This is my first Texas Adventure Ride. I'm coming from Montgomery, TX, and plan to arrive in Junction around 4:00. My 1st question is, I'm looking for a recommendation for the most popular TWT camp ground. My 2nd is: where do I get a shot of Ride-On tire sealant?

I'm excited, and I can't wait till the morn'n :rider:

Howdy Folks,

This is my first Texas Adventure Ride. I'm coming from Montgomery, TX, and plan to arrive in Junction around 4:00. My 1st question is, I'm looking for a recommendation for the most popular TWT camp ground. My 2nd is: where do I get a shot of Ride-On tire sealant?

Last year they were intalling the sealant in a parking lot, cant remember if it was at the motel or where. Not sure what is the most popular camp site, but I know there are several of us staying at the KOA right on the river and it is right there in town. Last year I stayed out at the State Park and it was really full and several miles out of town. If you want you can come pitch a tent on my site at the KOA. I should be rolling in between 1 and 3 sometime. I think I am going to slab it on I10 to get there faster. I am staying at site #19 if I remember correctly. I am riding a yellow DR with a safari tank.

Howdy Folks,

I think PanchoV will be at the Legends Inn with the RideOn sealant.

Howdy Folks,

Welcome to the site! :wave:

We do a semi regular bike night at Phil's on Thursdays at 7:00pm. We tend to alternate between there and the McKenzie's BBQ here in Huntsville depending on the weather. There is a thread in the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum for both events.

Look for me this weekend. I'll have the UGLY KLR650 with the Ron Paul for pres sticker on the front :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back