• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale Sold - 2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Major update to this post. My original for sale listing was sort of a “everything must go” listing. I basically had everything related to my R1200GS Adventure included and that didn’t generate much interest. So I’m modifying this listing to be mainly the bike and firmly attached items and lowering the price. Watch for other listings for the accessories.

Asking $6,500. - dropped to $6,000 on 1/31/2021

For sale is my 2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure. I bought it new in the spring of 2010 and have ridden it all over the country. These pictures are of it fresh from getting the first really good bath it has had in a while. No, I don’t let it get filthy, but it is almost always dusty.

It has just over 72k miles on it. It has ESA (electronic suspension), ABS and ASC (traction control). It has factory top box and panniers. I’ve replaced the factory fog lights with Clearwater Krista LED lights, replaced the factory all plastic hand guards with metal bar bark buster style ones. The small, factory skid plate has been replaced with a large BMW one that protects the crossover pipe and goes back further under the engine. I’ve recovered the front seat with a cover and foam from Seat Concepts and added a regular GS pillion seat (GSA profile is flat, GS is shaped and better for pillions). I’ve installed an Eastern Beaver fuse panel and there is a battery tender lead from it and a heated gear plug that I’ll leave on too. Almost forgot about the headlight protector and the TPS cover that I added. Minor things, but armor helps.

Other add ons include a Laminar Lip on the windscreen that really helps reduce buffeting. A Kaoko throttle lock, a Bags Connection Enduro tank bag. To top it off, I’ve got a Gamin Zumo 590 and a Tourtech locking mount for it on the bike.

Oh, and no, I’m not getting out of riding. I still have another bike. I ride them both, the GSA gets a week or two then I rotate over to the other for a few weeks. I’m just finding that I don’t go looking for dirt roads like I used to and the GSA is kind of tall for city riding.

Private Message/Conversation me here. If I get multiple responses, I’ll go in order of the private messages not the responses to this thread.

Click on the images to see them larger or go to this gallery to see them full sized. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Private Message/Conversation me here. If I get multiple responses, I’ll go in order of the private messages not the responses to this thread.

Click on the images to see them larger or go to this gallery to see them full sized. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Gallery link: https://www.sammyersphotography.com/General/BMW-For-Sale/n-BPMB42

i-v9TkD6z-XL.jpg

i-8QHtrCz-XL.jpg

i-tWHXht2-XL.jpg

i-g6fkKNN-XL.jpg

i-8wWC4nQ-XL.jpg

i-XqgjZkw-XL.jpg

i-vvb8rXV-XL.jpg

i-WNfFVDC-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos as always. I look forward to my RT having as many miles. GLWS.

I have followed this bike for thousands of miles and I have NEVER seen it so clean, in fact just clean.... but I know it has been very well maintained.
Glad you are keeping the 1600, you will have more time to keep it clean.

I've too have chased this bike's tail all over the country through some of the most scenic and twisty parts there are, and can vouch for it being a solid ride.

Major update to the original post. My original for sale listing was sort of a “everything must go” listing. I basically had everything related to my R1200GS Adventure included and that didn’t generate much interest. So I’m modifying this listing to be mainly the bike and firmly attached items and lowering the price. Watch for other listings for the accessories. See the start of the thread for the new listing.

Well, it is still for sale. I've been riding it some, but not many added miles. It does have a full tank of gas now though. Dropping to $6000

Folks, this is the swiss army knife of the bike world. Rusty takes care of his stuff. No need to worry.

Wow, I haven't updated this in a while. My wife was asking when I was actually going to sell this, but I still keep riding it some each month. Not much though, but enough that it doesn't sit all the time. $5800 without the GPS, locking mount and Tank Bag. If you go for the full asking of $6000, I'll include some pannier top bags pictured here:

i-9FV2Ff7-L.jpg

True, Ed. But I have to reply, "yes", still for sale. And still getting ridden.

That's the most famous CL line :-)
I suggested Rusty's bike to him last night, not a CL scammer I assure you; have known Lue for the better part of 20 years.

He is finally upgrading from a VStar 650.

Adan, thanks for the reference. Lue and I have a forum private conversation going about the bike now. You all can tell by the low effort I've put into trying to sell this bike that it is still near and dear to me. My first ever bike (and still only) I ever bought brand new.

And Sold.

PXL_20210801_154215000_2.jpg

Hopefully you invited him to TWT! Hate to see this go.
He's already on, just not active. His good friend Adan, whom I've met, came along with him to get the bike. We had an excellent visit and I think Lue is off to a good start expanding his riding adventures.

Great to see you yesterday Rusty, thanks for everything; bike has found a very good new home.

Looking forward to a Pie run soon!

:rider:

I'm glad to hear it. And I hope you get many miles of enjoyment out of it.

Back