• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2009 Texas Adventure Ride registration now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. I'm bringing a few additional ride guides and t-shirts. Hopefully I will have enough for everyone who wasn't able to register early.

We will have one or two in our gang that will sign up at the TAR also.

I hope we hit the weather right.:sun:

Rode a 500 mile loop out of San Antonio yesterday (3/21) on the GS. SA-Junction-Fort McKavett road to Sonora, Rocksprings, 336, Hackberry, Bullhead Rd, 335, 337, Vanderpool, Center Point and back home. It's beginning to green a bit in San Antonio, but no sign of Spring yet in the Junction are or in Real County (Leakey area). Crossings are mostly dry too. Those which are flowing are UNUSUALLY SLICK as they tend to be during dry years.

FWIW, I had always wanted to ride the old Ft. McKavett road between the fort and Sonora. It was unremarkable. Wide bladed and hard-packed caliche with little scenery or items of interest along the way. Can't recommend it unless you're just looking for a path west other than the interstate.

See you there.

Joel.

140 as of yesterday.

Headcount is down from last year but up from 2 years ago. Perhaps the economy is keeping some riders away this year?

I too will be registering on site. Things have really been up in the air lately but, I believe it's a "go". I also booked at the KOA. Looking forward to another weekend of dusty grins:mrgreen:

On another note: What's the word about the Ride On sealant. I've read all through this thread and either missed it or it isn't here. I got a new bike and it hasn't been "treated" yet. :-?

Ride On is listed as an event sponser in the '09 Ride Guide. I didn't see anything on the TAR website about it. I'm sure Richard will reply asap.
I have a question about the T-shirt design that was offered for sale earlier on another link. Is this the design on the '09 TAR commemerative shirt?

First offical dual sport ride

I started riding almost a year ago and this will be my first official dual sport ride. I've done several off road rides to prep for this type of an event and commute to work almost everyday on my bike so I think I got my skill level up. I'm hoping my bum can handle 3 full days of riding!! :eek2:
IMG_2920.jpg

Is late registration still possible

At this point can you only register at the event? From the TAR website, I'm a little confused at what you get for the $25 day-of-event registration. Does that include all the meals but you just don't get a raffle ticket, t-shirt and ride guide? - thanks

:giveup:

IMG_2855.jpg

Either way, the only meal included is the Banquet. As I remember/understand, Richard_ and his beautiful and talented assistant hand out raffle tickets as you enter the Banquet room. So early registration gets you Ride Guide an shirt as the difference.

I've heard Richard_ mention that he still has some Ride Guides left, so I suspect you can pay the full pre-registration price on site for the full package. Or go with the reduced one.

Coolhand i assume your speaking to me. If i can go i will ride the bike in my avitar pic. It is a 525 supermoto. I could build somthing real quick but i have 80 bikes in for service right now and im pushing the envelope. I usually go to Terlingua but have been so busy i missed this year. Several of my customers told me about this ride but i did not realize it was this big. I thought from what they said local ride. I would have to close up for 3 days and that would just cost me too much. But we will see....

Bummer dude, such is life as a privately employed person :(. Hope to see you there if you can make it... I've ridden some of the slimy water crossings in question with guys on supermotos and they did better than I did :giveup:

Still no word on the RideOn?:ponder:

Since my husband is busy galavanting around Arkansa I will answer your question. RideOn will be available in Junction, at this time I am unsure of the distribution location, just look for us at Isaack's (ride HQ) and we can direct you to the distribution site.

Ride On is listed as an event sponser in the '09 Ride Guide. I didn't see anything on the TAR website about it. I'm sure Richard will reply asap.
I have a question about the T-shirt design that was offered for sale earlier on another link. Is this the design on the '09 TAR commemerative shirt?

Hi Lori,

The designs are different, The dirt, sweat and gears is just a shirt Rich designed for Texas Adventure.

Connie

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet that it is very muddy there :rider: . Guess we will find out on the ride report .
Rick M
Since my husband is busy galavanting around Arkansa I will answer your question. RideOn will be available in Junction, at this time I am unsure of the distribution location, just look for us at Isaack's (ride HQ) and we can direct you to the distribution site.

Either way, the only meal included is the Banquet. As I remember/understand, Richard_ and his beautiful and talented assistant hand out raffle tickets as you enter the Banquet room. So early registration gets you Ride Guide an shirt as the difference.

I've heard Richard_ mention that he still has some Ride Guides left, so I suspect you can pay the full pre-registration price on site for the full package. Or go with the reduced one.

Thanks for the compliment Rusty, I'll have Rich buy you a cold one too, unless of course you are talking about Dirtbike Dave, if that's the case, then he can buy you one :scratch:

My apologies for replying so late - I've been out of town and just got back.

The shirt we were selling earlier was a Texas Adventure Rider shirt. It was not specific to any event. The 2009 TAR shirt is a different design.

Ride-On is sponsoring TAR again this year and is listed on the web site in the TAR sponsor section on the main TAR page.

On-site registration is $25 and includes the banquet only. I will have a few extra ride guides ($20 each) and t-shirts ($20 each) available for purchase during on-site registration.

And a big thanks to Connie (Kemper's GiGi) for filling in for me the last few days.

Last edited:
I'm out. I just cancelled my room reservations at the Lazy T (325-446-2565) in case anyone still needs a room. I stayed there last year and it was clean and comfortable.

Not sure if this is the place for this but I just canceled a double room a the Hills Motel. Somebody grab it up quick.

Richard,
I have not registered but plan to when I get there. I will be coming in Friday evening, depending on how early I leave from work that day. I already have my hotel room. Is there anything I need to do before I arrive?

On another note, if I put the bike in the back of my truck can I get a few people to help me unload it down the ramp? I assume there may be a few willing people around to help out? I have a trailer but I would rather just put it into the back of the truck and I can use my culvert and loading ramp at home to get it in by myself. I will need some help unloading and loading in Junction (unless there is also a good culvert there too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back