• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2009 Texas Adventure Ride registration now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard,
I have not registered but plan to when I get there. I will be coming in Friday evening, depending on how early I leave from work that day. I already have my hotel room. Is there anything I need to do before I arrive?

On another note, if I put the bike in the back of my truck can I get a few people to help me unload it down the ramp? I assume there may be a few willing people around to help out? I have a trailer but I would rather just put it into the back of the truck and I can use my culvert and loading ramp at home to get it in by myself. I will need some help unloading and loading in Junction (unless there is also a good culvert there too).

If I"m there I'll help ya. Us DR types have to stick together :) I just took mine on it's maiden voyage through the eastern Hill Country today and it loved it. Can't wait for next week.

J

Since my husband is busy galavanting around Arkansa I will answer your question. RideOn will be available in Junction, at this time I am unsure of the distribution location, just look for us at Isaack's (ride HQ) and we can direct you to the distribution site.

Thank you very much Mrs. Connie. See you guys at Isaak's.:rider:

Hi. I'm stayin' at a hotel instead of camping at TAR

501601999_tTqf5-M.jpg

Richard,
Is there anything I need to do before I arrive?

Nothing else needs to be done now. Just check in with us at the registration table in the parking lot of The Hills Motel on Thursday evening and we will get you all registered.

I'm sure there will be ample folks around who will willingly help you unload your bike.

See you there.

I went solo last year and there were always peeps around to lend a helping hand when I needed it. Pretty much anyone with a bike and without a wrench in their hand is a safe bet. I returned the favor by helping a guy change his tire out on the trail. That guy ended up inviting me back to the KOA for a BBQ dinner and we've kept in touch since. I'll be meeting up with Bruce and "the gang" at this year's TAR. Woot!:rider:

Sounds good,
Richard I will not get there until Friday night but I will look for you.

Re: Hi. I'm stayin' at a hotel instead of camping at TAR

The weather is going to be perfect.

Those of you missing out on the KOA:

Steaks.

Suds.

Campfire.

River.

Jokes.

Lies.

Repeat.

Where are you guys staying?

Let me rephrase; what campsite number are you guys? I just reserved #19.

Let me rephrase; what campsite number are you guys? I just reserved #19.

FYI it really doesn't matter what site you reserve. That's just your ticket "in the door", you can move around.

Pack a steak knife and a fork for Friday night's steak fry if you can. Bib optional.

This is the First Annual Steak Dinner At TAR Camp.

Note: TAR banquet is Saturday night

STEAK: Steak Tastes Exceptional At Kamp.

502882878_u3qnx-L.jpg

Pack a steak knife and a fork for Friday night's steak fry if you can. Bib optional.

LOL. That I can do. I'll be hoteling it Thursday night, but will join you guys for Friday and Saturday nights. Need me to bring anything?

LOL. That I can do. I'll be hoteling it Thursday night, but will join you guys for Friday and Saturday nights. Need me to bring anything?

We need to source a cooler or two but may buy a cheap one in Junction

Just to be sure anybody reading this understands, this is at the KOA on Friday night. We may try the other site in town next year.

I plan to go to the market in Junction and get paper plates, 'kins, etc. I'll bring salt & peppah, GARLIC, and BACON.

Anybody wanting to fry up a steak needs to stop by the market in Junction on Friday afternoon and buy it fresh. We'll have the grill hot and ready in the late afternoon.

How about some potatos wrapped in foil and put in the coals. We used to call those mickies. So that means GARLIC BUTTER.

For dessert: GRILLED PEACH COBBLER.

Your welcome.

Chef Carlton

I'm in and will be registering onsite. Heading down from DFW on Thursday with my dad. He is riding a near perfect Honda Transalp and can't wait to get there. Should be big fun. See you all there!

First post Golly, sweet. You're starting in style.

I'm ready to roll. Work is crazy right now but I told them that I missed last year's TAR because of them and it ain't happenin again. Took the new DR into the Hill Country last weekend for a shakedown and it was great. Got the barkbusters moved over from the KLR last night and I'll get some more stuff taken care of tonight. Can't wait.

Because of work I'll be heading out there early Friday. Taking it easy from Austin. Be there by mid day. I assume there will be others w/ an afternoon ride in mind. Any ideas on how to hook up ?
I didn't make any reservations for hotel or camping because of the same reason ( work ). The KOA sounds like the place to be :eat:. I'll try there first. Hope there is a non-snoring section :yawn:

Vinny.

I held out hope but it doesn't look like I am going to be able to make it. Ya'll have fun and drink a few malty beverages :chug: and eat a big steak :eat: for me.

Kenny

Hi all,
Wanted to see if there were others interested in doing Ride 2 down to Alamo village on Thursday. Planning on getting into Junction later Wednesday evening and heading out sometime Thursday morning. Will be riding a KLR650 myself, with a buddy on a DR350. Haven't done the route before, so not familiar with any quirks.
If anyone is interested in joining up, let me know, figure the more the merrier. Haven't decided on a pace or exact time yet, just depends on what folks want to do.
Disclaimer in here, this is my first TAR and haven't spent a whole lot of time off road, but looking forward to it
Regards,
Dave

ps originally posted on ride planning, but realized this was probably the better forum to post to

quick questions...

oooh going out on Wednesday, sneaky!

So two quick questions - how worried should I be when I import Richard's route files that the route on my GPS, prior to it actually calculating it, consists of straight lines between (fairly sparse) waypoints? In the past when I've planned routes on back roads, unless I put in a ton of waypoints, the GPS tries to insist on linking the waypoints with larger roads. I'm sure there is a preference setting somewhere.

2nd Question - for all of you previously TAR'd people, what are your top three routes? I finally realized tonight that out of 15 great looking routes, I'd only be able to bag a few of them.

Thanks!
J

I held out hope but it doesn't look like I am going to be able to make it. Ya'll have fun and drink a few malty beverages :chug: and eat a big steak :eat: for me.

Kenny

Psssttt...call in sick...I think your throat is getting scratchy and you are starting to run a temperature...maybe a little nauseated??? No one wants you around the office spreading germs :trust:

We need to source a cooler or two but may buy a cheap one in Junction

Just to be sure anybody reading this understands, this is at the KOA on Friday night. We may try the other site in town next year.

I plan to go to the market in Junction and get paper plates, 'kins, etc. I'll bring salt & peppah, GARLIC, and BACON.

Anybody wanting to fry up a steak needs to stop by the market in Junction on Friday afternoon and buy it fresh. We'll have the grill hot and ready in the late afternoon.

How about some potatos wrapped in foil and put in the coals. We used to call those mickies. So that means GARLIC BUTTER.

For dessert: GRILLED PEACH COBBLER.

Your welcome.

Chef Carlton

Is it too late to cancel my hotel reservation?? I want to camp with the fun people!! :eat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back