• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2009 Texas Adventure Ride registration now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coolhand,
Import the files into your computer then recalculate them before you load them into your GPS.

I had to ask the same question. Rusty ( Woodbutcher ) straightened me out!:eek2:

Junction KOA

My campsite #

503364037_K7LLg-L.jpg

Heading out in 6 hours, but who is counting. :rider:

So, you are going to make it? Excellent! It will be good seeing you again. Did you get knobbies for the CRF, or are you taking the KLR?

KOA Site 27, but I won't be arriving until the wee hours Friday morning. 6AMish or so.

So, you are going to make it? Excellent! It will be good seeing you again. Did you get knobbies for the CRF, or are you taking the KLR?

Both Bikes will be there wearing 606s. Camping out at the Legends Inn/Motel

Since this is my first TAR, and I don't know enough of you yet, I'm not sure who to hook up with for the type of riding I'd rather do. I"m much more the dirt rider than street, so want to catch all the "rougher" stuff. If any of you plan to lead one of these groups, please drop me a note to let me know who to look for on Thursday.
Thanks.

:tab I had a lot of folks wanting black t-shirts at the Big Bend event back in Feb. As a result, I have had a new batch done and will be bringing them with me in addition to the tan shirts. I am staying across the street from the ride HQ, at the Sun Valley. If possible, I hope to have my truck parked near the morning meet spot like I did at Big Bend so I will be easy to find. Of course, if you see me any other time/place, feel free to ask and I will make sure to get you a shirt.

:tab Lastly, I will also have a few spare D606 front/rear tires in KLR sizes. They are used, but they will get you through the weekend if you have a tire problem. If you need one, they will be free. I don't have any extra tubes though. I do have all the equipment for changing tires. I will also have front/rear tires for the Vstrom 650. I can't remember the number but they are the Dunlop DS tire. They are new so they will cost you if you want one ;-) I will help install it for free though.

:tab I will be pulling a trailer with two bikes. If someone has bike issues and needs a ride back towards Austin, Brenham, Huntsville, we can get another bike on the trailer. I have all the straps needed.

Since this is my first TAR, and I don't know enough of you yet, I'm not sure who to hook up with for the type of riding I'd rather do. I"m much more the dirt rider than street, so want to catch all the "rougher" stuff. If any of you plan to lead one of these groups, please drop me a note to let me know who to look for on Thursday.
Thanks.

If you can find me, I'll point you at a couple of different folks I know will be looking for maximum dirt. White Transalp with red and blue. Richard can point me out. Or have me met? Between faces, names and screen names sometimes I don't know who I know.

Thanks, Rusty. No, I don't think we've met yet, but I'm looking forward to it. So far, I've done the East Texas ride back in February, and the Tunica Hills ride last week. I'll be on an XR650R with oversized, clear tank and a FMF exhaust. Luckily, there aren't too many Translaps, so I should be able to find you.:chug:

Itching to go. Just had the Kawasaki Dealer top up the oil in the KLR. This is my last warranty month and they have to monitor oil consumption for 800-900 miles. I am not sure how much it burns, but the level does go down. Just mentioned this warranty to the wifa last nite in a drive by. If I can pull it off, I will leave early Friday on the KLR with tent etc. Hopefully, the KOA will take one more in if I get there.
Pinklloyd

transalp not lap
[/b]
thanks, rusty. No, i don't think we've met yet, but i'm looking forward to it. So far, i've done the east texas ride back in february, and the tunica hills ride last week. I'll be on an xr650r with oversized, clear tank and a fmf exhaust. Luckily, there aren't too many translaps, so i should be able to find you.:chug:

Got a few people that want it but no takers ,so not yet . I still like looking at it so thats ok for now .
Rick M
Somebody must have struck a nerve!;-)

Have you sold the Translap yet?:rider::eat::rider::eat::rider::eat::yawn:

:tab I had a lot of folks wanting black t-shirts at the Big Bend event back in Feb. As a result, I have had a new batch done and will be bringing them with me in addition to the tan shirts. I am staying across the street from the ride HQ, at the Sun Valley. If possible, I hope to have my truck parked near the morning meet spot like I did at Big Bend so I will be easy to find. Of course, if you see me any other time/place, feel free to ask and I will make sure to get you a shirt.

:tab Lastly, I will also have a few spare D606 front/rear tires in KLR sizes. They are used, but they will get you through the weekend if you have a tire problem. If you need one, they will be free. I don't have any extra tubes though. I do have all the equipment for changing tires. I will also have front/rear tires for the Vstrom 650. I can't remember the number but they are the Dunlop DS tire. They are new so they will cost you if you want one ;-) I will help install it for free though.

:tab I will be pulling a trailer with two bikes. If someone has bike issues and needs a ride back towards Austin, Brenham, Huntsville, we can get another bike on the trailer. I have all the straps needed.

WOW !! Great offer. Thanks from all of us :clap:(ahead of time ) . Hope to not need your services:rider:

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful in Junction. Off to check that the dirt roads did not wash away last night

After looking at the radar early this morning the water crossings might be a bit high but the dust should be down so everyone have fun and ride safe.

I'll be leaving NW San Antonio tomorrow morning around 9ish. I'll be riding my trusty 1988 Honda NX650 to Junction. Just a little over 100 miles from my house to where I have reservations at Sun Valley Motel. Pretty much a straight shot but I'm a little concerned about the gusting winds tomorrow (up to 30mph) and of course other traffic on I-10 going 80mph while I cruise at 70mph. I was kind of looking for some backroads to get there but not many roads run parallel with I-10 West. Any suggestions that won't add another 100 miles to the trip?
Thanks,
SteveO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back