• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: SOLD 2009 Versys Adventure

DSC00016-M.jpg

Would you be interested in a 2003 Kawasaki Voyager XII? Awesome sport touring bike

Update: New front wheel and fr and r tires.

I took the bike out this weekend on Sanders ride. It performed ALMOST flawlessly. I lost all the air out of my front tire when I hit a rough some stuff pretty hard on a gravel road and about a 1/2 mile I noticed the front tire move under me like a flat. Stopped to put air in it and found that my power wire for my Slime pump was gone, I found it after I got home home. Anyway jackh1466, grimsweeper and their group was less than 2 minutes behind me came to my rescue. Filed it up to 30 pounds and a few miles later at the railroad track I was checking it out and I was losing air, I looked closer and found no punctures. Realizing I had no way to put air in my tire while riding alone. I decided to call it a day and head for SA but not before stopping at the auto parts store in Castroville to build myself a new cable. Checked the tire before leaving the auto parts store and I had lost no air, checked again after I got home with no air loss.

This is the first time I have ever had to bailout on a ride and go home, this does not make Calvin a happy camper!!!

After thinking about it I realized the same thing happened to me in Colorado riding solo when I bent the rim. What the heck is going on here, why did the tire pop the bead losing the air? I run 35 psi in the front if not a little more. Is it the rim, should I go with a 21" front with a tube or what. I would really like to stay with tubeless, so while I am thinking about my options I am going to put a tube in it and ride.

1548090639956.png

Last edited:
Theres a DL1k rim & Shinko in very good cond on fleabay.....$260 shipped
Then sell yours for $100... Done
I have also sent a rim to be straightened...with xclnt results...but only because of its rarity (93 TDM850)

Theres a DL1k rim & Shinko in very good cond on fleabay.....$260 shipped
Then sell yours for $100... Done
I have also sent a rim to be straightened...with xclnt results...but only because of its rarity (93 TDM850)

Not anymore. I will be staying with the 19" DL1000 wheel. It works very well on and off pavement.

I might be possible that if the impact was hard enough it just unseated the tire bead enough to let air leak out. It may have continued to leak until you got enough pressure in there to pop it back in place or sometimes just riding on it a short ways will cause it to pop back in place. I would get the front end off the ground and spin the wheel while holding a finger against the edge of the rim on both sides. Sometimes you may have a slight bend that is hard to see but you can feel it. My 05 1200 GS had this happen on the front alloy rim. Once re-seated, it held air without any further issues.

I might be possible that if the impact was hard enough it just unseated the tire bead enough to let air leak out. It may have continued to leak until you got enough pressure in there to pop it back in place or sometimes just riding on it a short ways will cause it to pop back in place. I would get the front end off the ground and spin the wheel while holding a finger against the edge of the rim on both sides. Sometimes you may have a slight bend that is hard to see but you can feel it. My 05 1200 GS had this happen on the front alloy rim. Once re-seated, it held air without any further issues.

Yes, the impact was hard and feel that is why it lost air. The first time I aired it up I don't think it fully seated but the second time was aired to 44 psi, didn't leak all the way home and is still holding air now.

I just purchased the one on ebay Rod mentioned and will have on the bike soon after I get it.

Allrite Calvin!.... That will afford you the time ta take the leaker & check it fully....

& if found to be just a seating prob with the tire..you can prob resell for about the same $$.. Or....if it is bent..its not that bad & you can still sell it for part of the expense

If I would have had this option on the TDM bent rim...well ..ding$ ( but those are rare so I had it straightened)

Would you be interested in a 2004 yamaha fz1000, excellent condition w only 13000 miles?.

Attachments

• 20180107_155328.jpg
    20180107_155328.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 20180107_155352.jpg
    20180107_155352.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 20180107_155220.jpg
    20180107_155220.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 20160309_112310.jpg
    20160309_112310.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 211
Lol. Thanks, but thats my favorite ride. Its the reason i dnt ride the FZ very much now. Good luck selling. Definitely would not lower your price anymore, its already an amazing deal, great looking bike..

Back